[Gameplay] - Previously deactivated devices come back to life after EMP timeout

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: Previously deactivated devices come back to life after EMP timeout

Issue Description: I had an issue today where I had hacked the power off of a laser grid, the normal way by eating away its firewall via incognito, and then near the lasers (but not near the power) I set-up an emp blast to get rid of some pesky droids. All was well, except some turns later the laser powered on (only the one that was hit by the emp, there was another one connected to the same power source that did not come back on). It wasn't a problem since I had already hacked the power source, so I toggled it on, which brought the other one on as well, and toggled it off again which took both off.

Steps to Reproduce: Turn some lasers off by killing their power supplies in the mainframe.

Go near the dead laser and throw an emp blast with your hacker.

Laser comes back alive after a certain KO timeout ( I didn't count rounds)

I've seen the same behavior in my games. Cycling that grid's power on and off again will get them to turn off, but it is annoying.

Edit: Did another marathon session today, the scanners are the worst when EMPed. If you've already hacked it to shut it off, the EMP will flip it back on after the cool down and there is nothing you can do but EMP it again.

I'd like to add physically destroyed items (in the case of turrets disabled through gunfire) also revive to full capacity after being subjected to an EMP.

Steps to Reproduce: Disable a turret by shooting at it twice..

Go near the dead turret and subject it to an EMP pack.

After the turret reboots, it is now "alive" again, scanning an area.

As a side note, destroyed turrets are also still hackable, which also shouldn't be the case.

Another permutation of the same problem - I hacked through the firewall of a power source next to a turret, then later set off an EMP that happened to affect both the turret and the power source.  After the time out, the turret came back on.

I didn't try cycling the power - I hacked the turret firewall to gain control.

This is not a bug. EMP disables all electronic devices / robots forcing a reset. So you will have to disable again turrets / laser barriers once the EMP effect wears off. This adds to the strategy layer as you may be forced to use EMP while you are hacking (parasite) several devices which will force you to hack them again :)

Archived