Cords and more.

Sorry if this might be a repeat of another post, but here are my suggestions. 

1. A coordinate system. Or some kind of location system. I don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but the little circles with arrows are no longer there after your friend gets a certain distance away. I'm not sure if this is just a glitch that'll be fixed later, or if it's meant to be this way. Whenever my friends asked me where I was I would reply: "Wth do you want me to tell you? I'm in between two trees.. I see a rock..." 

2. Controller settings. Again I'm not sure if this was just forgotten or will be added later, but pretty pretty please, don't forget to add controller settings.. I don't know about anyone else, but I honestly prefer playing it with a controller over a mouse and keyboard.

3. WHAT IN BLUE BLAZES IS THE WHISPER OPTION FOR? If it's for whispering friends.. Um.... 

4. I don't know about anyone else... But the game just seems too easy... Since it's multi-player I think it should be made a little harder. AGAIN I KNOW THIS ISN'T THE FINISHED PRODUCT, I'M JUST GIVING FEEDBACK! However considering there are friends around you that can help you easily when something happens, Ex: You run out of food they give you some, it's made the game a lot more simple. 

I'm excited to be part of the early release test crowd! Yeah some people think it's a rip off we had to pay for early release, but it's $5 if you already owned DS... Looks like money to help the development get along a lot quicker in my opinion. You can only give out so many free keys before it starts becoming costly for the developer. Any who... Sorry if my suggestions seem repeated or noobish. Hope Klei enjoys my feedback! i'm going to play a little more today, so I might leave more suggestions as I play more. Hopefully my net will be a good little doggy today and not yank me all over the place. HAPPY GAMING!

1. I too would like some way of actually locating friends, because it is never going to be fun to play 20 questions.

2. Controller settings are on their list. They just have a long list.

3. Whispering does not display your message in the chat. The only way people can see what you typed was from the words that appeared over your head. No one off screen can see what you type. That being said, I haven't found much use for it.

4. The difficulty is super easy if you have a good team, super hard if you don't. I think I'd prefer super hard instead of super easy, but it makes it hard to jump back into Don't Starve when all my stats are 30 on a good day.

1. I too would like some way of actually locating friends, because it is never going to be fun to play 20 questions.

2. Controller settings are on their list. They just have a long list.

3. Whispering does not display your message in the chat. The only way people can see what you typed was from the words that appeared over your head. No one off screen can see what you type. That being said, I haven't found much use for it.

4. The difficulty is super easy if you have a good team, super hard if you don't. I think I'd prefer super hard instead of super easy, but it makes it hard to jump back into Don't Starve when all my stats are 30 on a good day.

Yeah I figured out whispering after talking to a friend about it literally seconds after posting this. I feel dumb. I figured controller settings were on their list, but just in case I still wanted to mention it. What I want the most is SOME kind of location program. I would even be okay with coordinates... Just SOMETHING! I just got back from roaming about, so I haven't had a chance to play again yet, but I'm happy to see my suggestions weren't too noob and someone agreed. Difficulty I guess varies by player, but considering it's a team now and not single player I feel it's too easy... I don't know if anyone else feels this way about the game play.

As Ridley said, it's easy with other good players. But when you join a random server with random people, I've found it extremely difficult to survive past the first winter with 5+ randoms. I can survive to 100+ on my own and with my friend with ease, but several times I've hardly made it to day 10 on a Survival server because of all the dead people (and once an accidental winter trap). So it's a balancing thing that I'm sure Klei has a much better idea how to do since I have no clue.

Also like you said, this is unfinished. Bits of RoG (such as Varg) are being added in. If they add in summer, rainy frog season, collapsed bunny holes, more giants... And DST-specific changes as well, such as the Ewecus.

This DEFINITELY needs to be added! Some sort of coordinate system as the OP mentioned, or even a built in compass or something (showing north, west, south, and east) would help SO much due to the map orientation changing all the time and being unable to tell your friend "uh.... i'm south of you!" When they might have their map orientation turned the other way lol.

The coordinate system would also help a lot to the larger dedicated servers that use wilderness because when you die, or a friend dies, it takes forevvvvvvvvvver to find them again. it's mostly just randomly happening across them again in the large expanse of the world. (granted, the coordinate system being used in the /all chat would make it super easy for enemies to find you - but that's the risk you run for giving such things away to anyone and everyone!)

I also just thought of something - the coordinate system might make it too easy to remember where things are when you die in a Wilderness map that resets your entire map when you die and you are forced to choose a new character. Because you could just have a piece of paper, and write down coordinates of any significant areas you happen across, or your base, or enemies' base, and then you couldd just easily always have access to them. =\ hmm idk about this actually LOL.

I think I prefer the map idea that Klei seems to be underway in implementing where you can share your map with other people or something like that.

Archived