TEXTool can't open shader TEX files?

I decided to look through the game's image files(Out of curiosity, not for modding purposes) and I don't know if this is the right location, but anything inside dont_starve/data/images/colour_cubes doesn't open and claims to have an unknown pixel format! Can anyone help me with this? I'm kinda curious how the shaders for everything work! Thanks, and if this is in the wrong place, then I'm sorry  :wilson_dorky:

I decided to look through the game's image files(Out of curiosity, not for modding purposes) and I don't know if this is the right location, but anything inside dont_starve/data/images/colour_cubes doesn't open and claims to have an unknown pixel format! Can anyone help me with this? I'm kinda curious how the shaders for everything work! Thanks, and if this is in the wrong place, then I'm sorry  :wilson_dorky:

Colour cubes aren't shaders, they're 3D lookup tables (they're usually used via a shader though, and that's likely how DS does it, but the colour cubes themselves are just textures).

The reason why TEXTool can't convert them is because they're plain RGB textures, and TEXTool only supports DXT compressed ones.

ktech can convert them, though.

EDIT: And this thread should probably be moved to the Mods subforum.

Archived