First run through and thoughts

So I played the game for the first time, and beat the whole thing on the first play through and unlocked everything in the process. I just want to lay down some thoughts. Nothing necessarily good or bad, just things I feel like should be said.

First, great game. I enjoyed playing through it, even though it was pretty short.

The tutorial was fine, but I think I learned more watching gameplay videos of the game than I did from the tutorial.

Aside from one mission type that I was having some issue with, everything ran smoothly, I didn't run in to any bugs which was quite nice.

I enjoy the current variety of missions, though more is always welcome, and will keep the game from getting old too quickly (when I reached the last mission, the message said there would be more, so I'm not worried).

The game did seem a little on the easy side. Which is okay, not everyone is looking for a super hard challenge, but I think one more difficulty setting wouldn't be amiss. I know that a part of this is randomness, and honestly, there were a couple missions I played that were really close calls where I was really close to losing an agent, and if I had, that would have made the rest of the game very hard.

The current final mission was actually kind of silly how easy it was lol. I think it was just how the map was layed out, but I was in and then I was out.

There is an item that I'm unsure if it works. Its an item that says when you make a successful melee attack you get 4 AP. I don't think I ever saw that work. Then there was a mission that I don't think was working correctly, but I already sent a bug report for that one.

Overall, really good game, just seems a little easy right now. I'll go through again though, using the starting characters and programs to make sure that I didn't just luck myself through the whole game lol.

One thing that would be cool. I saw that there was an endless, mode, but I think an extended story mode would also be cool. One that lasts something like, 5 days, but has even more secure buildings towards the end would be a cool addition I think. Just a thought.

Thanks for the great game!

and I discover that I had been playing on easy. The game is sufficiently hard, in that I came close to winning once (I would have won if I remembered to hit the overwatch button).

Out of several games though, I feel that "normal" is pretty difficult, so good job guys lol

One thing that would be cool. I saw that there was an endless, mode, but I think an extended story mode would also be cool. One that lasts something like, 5 days, but has even more secure buildings towards the end would be a cool addition I think. Just a thought.

Thanks for the great game!

That is exactly what is planned for the final game!  During early access, we only get the first 4 days, but in the final game, Klei has stated that the story mode will be longer, with special missions every 3-4 days.

Personally, I can't wait to see it!

Archived