A couple of ideas

Charting Tools

Basically, they would double your map discovery radius, as well as giving you the option to zoom out more without the clouds showing up. It would also give you the option to put marks on the map, useful for knowing where your item stash is when you got no science machine/alchemy engine.

It could be crafted with Charcoal, Cut Stone and 2 twigs.

It would require 200 research points from an Alchemy Engine.

Backpack-pack (Can never have enough space)

16 slots.

Crafted with 4 Werepig Hide (New item), 12 Beefalo Hairs and 2 rope.

Unlocked with 400 science points from Alchemy Engine.

Lantern

4 gold nuggets, 2 papyrus.

Would be like a torch, except it would last slightly longer (Enough for a whole night) as well as giving 2x vision range.

300 points in Alchemy Engine

New mob: Jack-alls

Kind of like the hounds except they knock you out and take all your equipped items (If none equipped they take 3 random items from your inventory), and then proceed to attack you.

They would take 2 spear hits to die and be encountered fairly late.

There is no way to attack them before they manage to knock you out. Knocking out deals no damage, you will have time to dodge when they attack.

If you don't kill them they will run away with your items, otherwise they will be dropped on death.

If you let them get away you can encounter them later and get one of the three items they took, the 2 others turned into a random graveyard item.

Wand

Crafted with 4 Red Gems, 8 Gold Nuggets and a Spider Egg.

Does not have a ranged attack, but due to all those gems and gold is a rather blunt weapon that deals extreme damage.

200 science points from Alchemy Engine.

Enforced Beard

It would give you an instant lvl 3 beard that could be shaved or kept.

Crafted with Tree Beard (New item dropped from Tree Guardians that weren't burned to death), 2 grass and 2 twigs.

Spade of Aces

Digs faster than gold or base shovel, has more durability than base shovel.

Give it to the ping king for several gold nuggets or feed it to the science machine for points.

Crafted with Papyrus, Charcoal and Shovel.

100 on Alchemy Engine.

Black Gem

A new item, incredibly rare drop from stones, can only drop if mined with a golden pickaxe (Only the last hit counts)

If worked properly the gem would capture your soul in it, effectively killing you.

Alternatively you can feed it to the research machine for science.

Well, the ideas went from okayish to terrible fairly quick, but I don't feel like erasing everything.

Edited by Cryder

Charting Tools

Basically, they would double your map discovery radius, as well as giving you the option to zoom out more without the clouds showing up. It would also give you the option to put marks on the map, useful for knowing where your item stash is when you got no science machine/alchemy engine.

Well right from the start you could create rabbit traps to mark places on your map, as traps appear there. Another payer suggested a tool for increasing the mapping radius, and in that discussion someone else mentioned a telescope. I think that served as a more specific item that made the benefits seem reasonable. I don't think we need to zoom out farther because there really isn't all that much to see and we'd just be too far away from the action... but that's just my opinion.

It would require 200 research points from an Alchemy Engine.

Fun fact, research points will be removed in January when the old invention system is revamped.

Backpack-pack (Can never have enough space)

16 slots.

Nah. There needs to be some kind of adversity... and in this case it's in what, and how much, we can carry.

Lantern

Would be like a torch, except it would last slightly longer (Enough for a whole night) as well as giving 2x vision range.

Nah. I don't need a light source that lasts all night. Where's the fun in that?

New mob: Jack-alls

Kind of like the hounds except they knock you out and take all your equipped items (If none equipped they take 3 random items from your inventory), and then proceed to attack you.

Jack-alls? More like Jackass. No one steals from Wendy... besides aren't we being punished enough by the Krampus (who exists to rob players who've hoarded far too much to protect it all.

There is no way to attack them before they manage to knock you out. Knocking out deals no damage, you will have time to dodge when they attack.

That's just cold.

If you don't kill them they will run away with your items, otherwise they will be dropped on death.

Super cold...

If you let them get away you can encounter them later and get one of the three items they took, the 2 others turned into a random graveyard item.

So they just run off... like the Gobbler? I assumed they would eventually unspawn like the Krampus.

Wand

Does not have a ranged attack, but due to all those gems and gold is a rather blunt weapon that deals extreme damage.

Personal choice here, but I don't want any Harry Potter, sorry I meant wands, in the game.

Enforced Beard

It would give you an instant lvl 3 beard that could be shaved or kept.

Wait... what? Oh! I see. Well I know some players are complaining about beards in connection to the Meat Effigy, so I think speeding up beard growth would be bad.

Spade of Aces

Digs faster than gold or base shovel, has more durability than base shovel.

Sorry, I only like the Ace of Spades and Ace of Base. I'll have to pass on this suggestion. Rather I would like to see unique tools that simply didn't last longer (greater durability) and/or at faster speeds.

Black Gem

A new item, incredibly rare drop from stones, can only drop if mined with a golden pickaxe (Only the last hit counts)

If worked properly the gem would capture your soul in it, effectively killing you.

Alternatively you can feed it to the research machine for science.

Wait... so you go to all that trouble and it just kills you? I don't like that one bit. :p

Well right from the start you could create rabbit traps to mark places on your map, as traps appear there. Another payer suggested a tool for increasing the mapping radius, and in that discussion someone else mentioned a telescope. I think that served as a more specific item that made the benefits seem reasonable. I don't think we need to zoom out farther because there really isn't all that much to see and we'd just be too far away from the action... but that's just my opinion.

Fun fact, research points will be removed in January when the old invention system is revamped.

Nah. There needs to be some kind of adversity... and in this case it's in what, and how much, we can carry.

Nah. I don't need a light source that lasts all night. Where's the fun in that?

Jack-alls? More like Jackass. No one steals from Wendy... besides aren't we being punished enough by the Krampus (who exists to rob players who've hoarded far too much to protect it all.

That's just cold.

Super cold...

So they just run off... like the Gobbler? I assumed they would eventually unspawn like the Krampus.

Personal choice here, but I don't want any Harry Potter, sorry I meant wands, in the game.

Wait... what? Oh! I see. Well I know some players are complaining about beards in connection to the Meat Effigy, so I think speeding up beard growth would be bad.

Sorry, I only like the Ace of Spades and Ace of Base. I'll have to pass on this suggestion. Rather I would like to see unique tools that simply didn't last longer (greater durability) and/or at faster speeds.

Wait... so you go to all that trouble and it just kills you? I don't like that one bit. :p

all valid points, i believe the "wand" wouldn't be a "wand" though if it didn't cast spells, also making it un-realistic, and kind of pointless.... however, it is good to share your ideas, even if others don't agree..

all valid points, i believe the "wand" wouldn't be a "wand" though if it didn't cast spells, also making it un-realistic, and kind of pointless.... however, it is good to share your ideas, even if others don't agree..

Yup. And it's always important to note my suggestions/responses are only my personal opinion, unless where I state facts (i.e. The Devs said...), which often isn't the case. Every player is entitled to their own opinion, and together we can work to develop ideas together.

While I'm against magic we all know there is a Magic tab in the crafting menu, so it's already an aspect of the game. I just usually try and limit anything too outrageously magical. For example, one new item I suggested that could fall under the Magic tab, while not exclusively magical in nature, was the Whistle. It was an item I suggested could be used to halt pet attacks and cause your pet to automatically follow you, thus allowing you to save the life of your smallbird (only, for now) should it pick a fight with a monster you knew might kill it.