Custom creature doesn't spawn

So I followed creature tutorial 3 and made my own animation and stuff. I ran the game with mod tools installed and it generated the anim folder. I edited the prefab and changed whatever was required (to the names of the animations I gave). Then I started it up, hoping to see my creature appear and 'dance' (if you open up the .scml file you'll see what I mean). Sadly this did not work. Nothing came at all, it was just the normal Wilson waking up and Maxwell talking scene. I've attached the mod folder for reference. Please help :)

GB_Mod.zip

(Hello again!)

I checked the prefab and the .scml file and found out that you are SetBuilding "kick" while the animation folder is named as "entity_000"

Change the name (just doubleclick 'entity_000' in spriter) or replace "kick" with "entity_000" in anim:SetBuild("kick") in your prefab file.

(Hello again!)

I checked the prefab and the .scml file and found out that you are SetBuilding "kick" while the animation folder is named as "entity_000"

Change the name (just doubleclick 'entity_000' in spriter) or replace "kick" with "entity_000" in anim:SetBuild("kick") in your prefab file.

Hi friendly internet stranger! :)

Alright, testing that now (changed it in the prefab file). Just for future reference, how can I find my folder name? The only folders I've got are anim, exported and scripts.

This is what I (and the author of creature tuts) meant by the animation folder:

post-245716-0-44747800-1383746043.png

Okay so I changed it but it still doesn't work. I'll attach a newer version if that helps. As far as I know, no changes other than what you asked me to do. But you never know :/

Please let me know what is wrong. Thanks a lot in advance, thanks a lot. :)

GB_Mod.zip

Okay so I changed it but it still doesn't work. I'll attach a newer version if that helps. As far as I know, no changes other than what you asked me to do. But you never know :/

Please let me know what is wrong. Thanks a lot in advance, thanks a lot. :-)

attachicon.gifGB_Mod.zip

Hmm... Can you post log.txt? It's in (your document folder)\Klei\DoNotStarve\

Alright, I'll PM it to you.

Sorry, it seems I've made some mistakes... I'm quite new to modding myself haha

The code should be:

anim:SetBank("entity_000") -- it was SetBank, not SetBuild. Sorry about thatanim:SetBuild("kick") -- The animation folder seems to be the name of the folder where .scml file is locatedanim:PlayAnimation("kick")

Let's hope I got it right this time

The code should be:

anim:SetBank("entity_000") -- it was SetBank, not SetBuild. Sorry about thatanim:SetBuild("kick") -- The animation folder seems to be the name of the folder where .scml file is locatedanim:PlayAnimation("kick")

No problem, any contribution is accepted. I'll try it now. I hope you don't mind me bugging you so much :)

The code should be:

Yay! It finally works! A few last doubts:

anim:SetBank("**") - So this is the entity_000 thing you showed me in the photo.

anim:SetBuild("**") - "The animation folder seems to be the name of the folder where .scml file is located". This would be the exported folder, would it not?

Thanks so so much!

Yay! It finally works! A few last doubts:

anim:SetBank("**") - So this is the entity_000 thing you showed me in the photo.

anim:SetBuild("**") - "The animation folder seems to be the name of the folder where .scml file is located". This would be the exported folder, would it not?

Thanks so so much!

First question: Yes!

Second question: Hmm... Not really. I said that because I usually place the .scml file inside a folder with same name as the file, but that doesn't seem to be necessary. I guess 'the name of the .scml file' would make sense.

Archived