The Smelter......A fun way to access new materials.

A smelter would be a good way to get new and possibly very rare crafting items from rocks. Smelt them into nothing and possibly get some iron or jewels, pebbles to make pathways or some wacky stuff like fossils. There is also an opportunity for more fish jokes.

A smelter would be a good way to get new and possibly very rare crafting items from rocks. Smelt them into nothing and possibly get some iron or jewels, pebbles to make pathways or some wacky stuff like fossils. There is also an opportunity for more fish jokes.

Anvils and smelters have come up before, but so far crafting and refining appears to use a method that cuts corners. So raw ore is being used to craft items. However if they ever include iron ore and coal, I would mine having these two combine to create steel ingots (or tools/weapons). Also, while I like fossils (...Animal Crossing flashback...) I'm just not sure there's a use for them in the game.

Also, there are already stone paths in the game... which I never really questioned as they don't seem to actually lead anywhere special.