My beef with Dagger (unless it's user-error...)

Dagger kiboshes three firewalls in one go but only on one device, right?  So the most value I have ever got out of it (except in an emergency) is a one-shot hack of a two-firewall device, as I have rarely encountered a device with a firewall value of three.  This leaves me with one unspent FW-hacking point that I cannot use on another device.  Surely we should be able to use Dagger to hack more than one device within a certain range, up to an expenditure of three, in other words, if I see a two-FW camera in close proximity to a one-FW safe, shouldn't I be able to use Dagger to get both devices?  More often than not, I go into the long 5-turn cool down having wasted one FW-hacking point of Dagger's overall capacity.

Am I doing something wrong?  I have noticed that using dagger will reveal the location of otherwise out of FOV nearby hackable devices but having read what a useful ability it is to have, I am a little underwhelmed by how unable I am to optimise it to full capacity.

There are tons of opportunities to use dagger to its full benefits....it seems you just haven't found them yet. Shield troopers start at 3. bad luck with daemons can make 3's everywhere....I have even started a fresh level where the lowest firewall I ever saw was a 3. I personally think dagger is fantastic, even when using it on a firewall 2; it's only 1 power to use after all.

Edit: Just wanted to add that, for me, dagger is an auto buy unless I'm saving up for something at the time i find it. 

Archived