An unintended form of stalemate?

I'm sure this is my mistake rather than the devs' but I'm wondering: I had my agents posted out of sight either side of the door of a vault..  I did not have the energy to hack the main terminal or the last laser so I figured I'd hit the end of turn button until my Fusion came out of cool down so I could use it again.  But it didn't, even after four turn cycles, so it was stalemate (except, of course, I could have looked for energy sources elsewhere on the map).  My question, therefore, is: does Fusion renew after a cool down or is it a one use only power-up?

If you activate Fusion on turn 1, you must save 2 power on turn 4 (or be able to obtain it from the level). On turn 5, two things will happen- you will be given 3 power from Fusion, and Fusion will have completed and can be run again. 3 + 2 = 5 power, the cost to run it again, so you should be able to kick it off.

In the long run (10+ turns) Fusion is definitely better than Drip, as long as you're careful to manage it and never spend that last 2 when Fusion has only 1 turn left.

Archived