[General] - Unable to save with My Documents directory on remote server

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Unable to save with My Documents directory on remote server

Issue Description: My "My Documents" folder is on a remote server. When saving the game tries to write to C:\\\Klei\...etc... instead to \\\...etc... (analysed with Process Monitor)

I've created the C:\\...etc... paths as a work-around and now I can save games :)

Steps to Reproduce: Set your my documents folder to a remote server. Start the game. Focus the game with process monitor. Start a game and save it. Look at the process monitor logs.

I can confirm this issue, but, in my case, workaround isn't helping.

Haven't used process monitor, all I can tell is that the game creates it's directory structure (\Klei\InvisibleInc\...) inside remote 'Documents' folder and for some reason doesn't create any *.LUA files inside.

Workaround, that worked for me: change the following registery values to local folder paths

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Personal

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal

System: Windows 7 (Home Premium, Proffessional), 64-bit.

Archived