Playing as guards?!

I just reloaded a save I had been playing earlier in the day only to find I was now playing from the guards perspective.

I could seemingly only control two guards (one standard and a Captain who I hadn't even spotted yet) but could see the perpective of all of the other guards. I say seemingly control because I could switch between the two and they had blue movement tiles of how far they could go but I couldn't actually move them.

I hit enter, causing the Agents turn to come up and pass like an enemy turn. I was so confused and didn't really know what to do so I just 'retired agency'.

To set the state of the save I was reloading: a guard had just shot Internationale and I had sort of rage quitted so I hadn't properly save & exited (forgive me).

I'll also add that my laptop is a wheezy mess that runs Invisible Inc (along with any other game I play) at a snail's pace much of the time, which can cause issues with games.

Was wanting to start from stratch anyway was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this?

Archived