Chinese translator looking for mod

Hi, thanks for clicking me!

I'm a professional translator who doesn't play videogames but felt a huge urge to translate Don't Starve into Chinese when he saw the game in Youtube. I have zero knowledge regarding modding and how to incorporate the translation and the likes, so I was looking for someone who wanted to help the biiiiiiig community of Chinese gamers by taking care of all of the technical aspects of the matter: if I am served the English text I will render back a Chinese translation, but it would be your job to make it work in the game after since I simply don't know how to do it...

Wishing you the best and hopeful about your reply,

GilesFarnaby

Hi, thanks for clicking me!

I'm a professional translator who doesn't play videogames but felt a huge urge to translate Don't Starve into Chinese when he saw the game in Youtube. I have zero knowledge regarding modding and how to incorporate the translation and the likes, so I was looking for someone who wanted to help the biiiiiiig community of Chinese gamers by taking care of all of the technical aspects of the matter: if I am served the English text I will render back a Chinese translation, but it would be your job to make it work in the game after since I simply don't know how to do it...

Wishing you the best and hopeful about your reply,

GilesFarnaby

hi!

welcome to the community!

here is a guide: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/28021-getting-started-guides-tutorials-and-examples/

although, these are a bit long.

hi!

welcome to the community!

here is a guide: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/28021-getting-started-guides-tutorials-and-examples/

although, these are a bit long.

Thanks for your reply! I was aware of the thread and the 'Just remember that modding is all about getting your hands dirty' phrase I could read there, which -since I know zero about modding- scared me.

Furthermore, I read in a thread that was especifically designed for translators that someone tried already a Chinese one and it could not incorporate it into a functional mod, that's why I ask for help! I will not go through the pains of a translations if I am not sure that it will be useful for others afterwards, much less I will do it alone when I don't know the technical part of it.

So, that's some bitching I wrote there, but I hope someone is willing to help me (and the Chinese community) so that I can hopefully start my contribution soon!

I am Chinese myself. From my understanding of the the current language mods, I think the easiest thing to do would be to make a pinyin mod. Traditional Chinese can be an absolute *** on the keyboard and it is unlikely to have the characters needed without an alternative font.

Yeah, I know about the *** but, as I say, I am absolutely willing to go through it. Still, you mention something about the fonts: does that mean that every player that wanted to use the Chinese translation should download and install the same fonts that I have used while creating it?

Archived