Maxwell's speech while on the nightmare throne

I know how to change what Maxwell says in the intros, but it looks like it's completely different while he's on the throne. I've spent a long time (Since Older William) trying to figure it out, but I just can't get my head around it.

Any help? I'd prefer it to not be just exactly what to do. Maybe a very vague example at the most.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In order to change his speech on the nightmare throne, you need to patch maxwellendgame instead of maxwellthrone.  Endgame is where all of his lines are stored.  The endgame file holds the strings in a different way than the intro, however.  It uses maxwelltalker's speech instead of speeches.  To mod it, I think you can just override the entire SPEECH array.  If that doesn't work, I'd be rather surprised, but I'll look into it.  Hope this helps.

In order to change his speech on the nightmare throne, you need to patch maxwellendgame instead of maxwellthrone.  Endgame is where all of his lines are stored.  The endgame file holds the strings in a different way than the intro, however.  It uses maxwelltalker's speech instead of speeches.  To mod it, I think you can just override the entire SPEECH array.  If that doesn't work, I'd be rather surprised, but I'll look into it.  Hope this helps.

I already know. But the maxwellendgame conversation is handled in a completely different way than the maxwell intros, or scripted sentences depending on what's happening. I know I can easily change the strings in the modmain, but this does not work when a character check is added.

Okay, so I got it working.  You have to create a duplicate of the speeches array with a different name in the postinit, for example SPEECH_2.  Then, you have to make it so when it checks the character's prefab, it sets maxwelltalker.speeches to SPEECH_2.  That should make it work.

Archived