Suggestion that might as well make Giants hardcore!

So you're doing exploring, minding your own business, collecting stuff, when suddenly you find a giant; as soon as you see IT, it spots you and chases after you until you or he dies. This is actually what happens in the game, but not the way I mean it; what I'm talking about is set pieces; we already have one giant Set piece, which is known to us as Living forest, where multiple Tree guards have gathered together defending trees around them (only seen this set piece once in non-RoG version).

Having some giants that are NOT seasonal yet as deadly as the seasonal ones would make the game harder and make your exploration even harder and you'd have to fight a Giant without being prepared, or just run until you find something that can attack it instead of you. This would mean new kinds of Giants; I'd personally like that, cause I think we don't even have enough Bosses/Giants. We have Bigfoot, Deerclops, Bearger, Dragonfly, Goose, Ancient Guardian, Treeguard, Birchtree guard (It's like Tree guard, so I guess that counts), Spider queen, Giant tentacles and may be you could add Varg. I mean there are so many other animals, I think we just need giant types of them, say: A giant Tallbird, say call it Giantbird or something in the middle of the Tallfort setpiece or something.

So you're doing exploring, minding your own business, collecting stuff, when suddenly you find a giant; as soon as you see IT, it spots you and chases after you until you or he dies. This is actually what happens in the game, but not the way I mean it; what I'm talking about is set pieces; we already have one giant Set piece, which is known to us as Living forest, where multiple Tree guards have gathered together defending trees around them (only seen this set piece once in non-RoG version).

Having some giants that are NOT seasonal yet as deadly as the seasonal ones would make the game harder and make your exploration even harder and you'd have to fight a Giant without being prepared, or just run until you find something that can attack it instead of you. This would mean new kinds of Giants; I'd personally like that, cause I think we don't even have enough Bosses/Giants. We have Bigfoot, Deerclops, Bearger, Dragonfly, Goose, Ancient Guardian, Treeguard, Birchtree guard (It's like Tree guard, so I guess that counts), Spider queen, Giant tentacles and may be you could add Varg. I mean there are so many other animals, I think we just need giant types of them, say: A giant Tallbird, say call it Giantbird or something in the middle of the Tallfort setpiece or something.

I'm currently working on a mod that adds unique boss monsters that stalk you. Some just follow you, others will spawn after you've done a certain action.

Sounds awesome :-)

On Topic!

I was hoping for there to be the big season giants, as well as smaller giants walking around. Maybe guarding some treasure of some sort in structures, or dens. Mostly because the actual dangers apart from the hounds that just become annoying and prevent you from doing anything are barely seen. I want less hounds, and more danger just walking around, so you actually feel like you have to constantly be cautious! Dangerous animals, deadly plants, soggy shoes, melted ice cream, the whole lot!

Kind of off-topic

One of them is a removed enemy from my other mod "Older William". I took it out of the mod to put in this one, changing lots of things about it. Now it stalks you until you're weak, then attacks. You don't see it while it's stalking you, and the only way to tell if it is stalking you is by the small shadow monsters that run after you from off-screen, the puddles of nightmare fuel it leaves behind, and small shadows you occasionally see in the corner. I do have a video of how it used to work, back when it would just run away instead.

Archived