[REPOST] Assistance Needed: Programming issues

This is the same post I made earlier, but in the right area. My goodness, how could I be so stupid as to post in the wrong thread...? One can not describe how stupid I feel currently, and I apologize to everyone in the forum... The original post can be found here, but, in all honesty, the bellow is just a copy and paste of the original discussion: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/34577-assistance-needed-new-mod-in-progress-with/?p=449484 Special thanks to Emerphish for pointing this out to me, and, I can't stress this enough, I apologize for my idiocy.

As of very recent, I had started on creating a mod for a character I had made when I was in 7th grade (who I still create stories for even today, 2 years later), but I seem to have run into slight complications. I had gotten Don't Starve relatively recently, and started work on the mod shortly after, hand drawing the graphics for authenticity, and even coming up with . However, I am currently stuck on how to program it, even after doing research and asking friends for assistance. During my research, I had downloaded the blank character template and Matt's tools, but this had only confused me further. My ignorance aside, I had decided to try asking one of the creators of the Satori mod, Shia, and she had told me to try creating a discussion on the forum (hence this discussion. Sorry if I sounded rude...)

I plan on making a video that goes further into my character's development, which I will put in this discussion upon completion. However, since the video isn't posted yet, I would like to go into specifics on my character. His name is Dr. Lip-lash, and is essentially a parody of the Emperor from Star Wars. His goal in life is to conquer every planet in the known universe to follow in the footsteps of his father, who had almost achieved this goal. However, unlike his father, Dr. Lip-lash has yet to actually conquer a single planet, despite his numerous attempts. Not only is he essentially a failure, he is also extremely poor, barely able to afford his own Starship's (S.S. Lash-Blast) payments, and can't really properly pay his soldiers. As such, his soldiers constantly complain about their lack of payment, but are forced to stay with him. Despite this, one of his soldiers does manage to escape and formed his own army, but I'll go into further detail about this in the future video. Surprisingly, despite his constant failure, Dr. Lip-lash is incredibly confident and has a semi-large ego. Even though most of the soldiers say other wise, Lip-lash actually does care for his soldiers, working a side-job selling his own brand of toilet cakes just to be able to give some form of payment to his soldiers, albeit, he can never really pay all of them. This is just a brief introduction to my character.

I had two possible ideas for abilities for this character mod:

1.) In exchange for 10 gold, Lip-lash can actually spawn soldiers to assist him. Being poor, he's used to going long periods without eating. Despite these interesting traits, he has a naturally small sanity rate, given his personality at times.

2.) The more sanity he loses, the stronger he gets. If sanity reaches zero, he would be able to shoot lightning from his hands, albeit, it doesn't really travel far. The only similarities between the two ideas is that he can go an amazingly long time without food, as he's mostly accustomed to it.

Thank you so much for reading this, and I apologize if I ate up anybody's time AGAIN... It's still hard to comprehend how I could be so stupid to post in the wrong thread...

While I am pretty busy with my own mod project, I can give you a little bit of code.  Before I can help you, I do need to know where you are in developing the character.  Have you created the animations only, or have you created the basic mod layout and your character file?

Here's the issue: I only have the art. Programming it completely puzzled me, for the most part... I really appreciate the help, but, if you're busy on your own project, please don't let me be a burden... Again, thank you so much!

While I am pretty busy with my own mod project, I can give you a little bit of code.  Before I can help you, I do need to know where you are in developing the character.  Have you created the animations only, or have you created the basic mod layout and your character file?

Archived