Vacuum cleaner( Item magnet )

Guest Dandytard

Guest Dandytard

This item wouldn't be used for cleaning items, no. The sucking power of the object would allow the hero to automatically pick up rocks, gold,flint, flowers and grass. How is that helpful? Imagine a field of boulders. Pull out your pickaxe, mine it all. The screen should be filled with rocks and flint, But you don't have enough time to pick them all up as you have to hurry off to base. That's where the mighty vacuum comes along! You equip it in the weapon slot, and merely walk over the rubble to pick it all up. It would, of course, have the similiar life span of a torch, it's use degrading the longer it's on.

I had a similar idea a while back, but it involved creating a strange "item" magnet. Unfortunately gold is the only metallic ore in the game so far and pure gold isn't magnetic. The idea was to create an invention similar to a "metal detector" in appearance that pulled nearbt objects to you when it was equipped.

However to really get the most out of such an item you would need to harvest lots of resources and leave them on the ground. Because the inventory slot (for storing it always on you) and equiping it, would otherwise probably not be worth it compared to simply picking up the items by clicking them.

Of course that's just my opinion. :)

Guest Dandytard

That's true, But say there was just plenty of grass on the field, along with a few gold nudgets or such. It's dusk, And you really should be heading towards your camp, Which in directly through the grass field. Maybe you want to finish building something tonight, but you lack the grass for it. Just put the item on, and run past the field.