More Than I can Chew (Character Concept)

AnonTheMouse

When it comes to concept, I'm fine. Backstory? I'm fine. Snappy quotes? I can come up with them on the spot, though I tend to forget what needs dialogue in advance. Unfortunately, I don't have a working tablet right now and Lua tutorials make my eyes glaze over. Really, I don't know what I was thinking plotting out such a complicated idea in the first place. So, this thread is less me asking for help, and more taking an idea I've grown too attached to and releasing it into the wild.

So with that in mind, and the knowledge that people will probably assume that I'm just lazy...

Wilhelmina, The Animal Physician

"Don't run away! Let's be friends!"
  • Walks with the animals.
    • Whilelmina spawns with a "Veterinary Bag", a brown doctor's bag marked with a paw print in a white circle. When equipped (hand slot), it acts like a Beefalo Hat, as well as making the player invisible to be accepted by certain mobs (birdlike and mammalian animals, as well as tallbirds, frogs, and Batlisks). It also allows feathers to be harvested from birds without killing them (though this does scare them off).
    • Note: Mobs already aggroed will not lose aggro when the bag is equipped. If the player does something to make a mob hostile (like raiding a tallbird nest) with the bag equipped, they will still draw aggro as normal. It only makes mobs "live and let live", not let Wilhelmina do whatever she wants.
  • Vegetarian.
    • Although she can eat meat, Wilhelmina loses sanity for doing so, or for killing mobs. However, eating fruits, vegetables, and vegetarian dishes gives slightly better health and hunger benefits than usual. For the purpose of this perk, petals, seeds, and mushrooms are all "vegetables", while butterflies, eggs, and deerclops eyeballs are all "meat".
  • Crazy cat lady.
    • When Wilhelmina is at low sanity, she will periodically attract catcoon "catpanions". The chance decreases for each one spawned. Catcoons spawned by this ability are always friendly and will not fight one-another, though they still fight other catcoons, and will become hostile if attacked. If killed, "catpanions" do not have a chance to drop a cat cap.

A lank, messy-haired teen with a love for animals, Wilhelmina is a self-taught veterinarian. She spends a great deal of time outdoors, and knows a thing or two about surviving in the wilderness. However, her worldview is unrealistically positive, and so somewhat fragile...

Sanity 75

Health 120

Hunger 150

Damage Multiplier 0.5x

Hunger Multiplier 0.75x

Sanity Multiplier 1.00x

Some Sample Dialogue (If someone picks this up, I might do more.)

Examining a Tree; "I wonder if anybody lives in you?"

Examining Flowers; "They make the world so colourful!"

Examining a Pinecone; "A future home for birds and squirrels."

Examining a Catcoon; "Hello, little friend."

Examining a Morsel; "Poor thing. You weren't food..."

Examining Meat; "Meat is murder!"

Examining Monster Meat; "I think I may be sick..."

Examining Berries; "If it's good enough for gobblers, it's good enough for me."

Examining Carrots; "Rabbit food...and me food too."

Examining a Bird; "Lovely plumage!"

Examining a Spider; "Eeeek! Squish it! Squish it!"

Examining a Gobbler; "We can just share the berries...right?"

Battlecry (on prey); "I'm so sorry!"

Examining a Tentacle; "I don't like how that thing's, um...wiggling...at me."

Examining a Catpanion; "My special friends, who will never ever leave me."

heh, Go play the druid in our mod, Its pretty much on line with this but more to it. (One of her items does something similar to what you suggested in number one, but its not up for testing yet)

Thanks for the suggestion. I did recently find one that is a more extreme version of one of the earlier incarnations of this idea, though. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226257125

Archived