Accessibility for disabled players

I have a physical disability that limits me to one mouse button. Obviously this presents a challenge with secondary actions. My compromise is using shift-click, which works fine... except that I use an on-screen keyboard (OSK). This introduces a mouse bug where the game takes a secondary click when the Shift key isn't toggled or fails to register clicks at all.

I don't think it's worth it to try to fix the bug--you'd basically have to hunt down a whole bunch of edge cases, because someone else using an OSK might be using entirely different software--but do you think the option of a modal toggle key would be feasible? I.e. press a key to switch between primary and secondary mode.

Thanks in advance for your time, and thanks for Don't Starve!

This is me smacking my forehead. I hadn't even thought of it. Yes, that does circumvent the issue, although because I am on a Mac it takes two clicks to turn a modifier key back off. That's a problem outside your wheelhouse, though. Thanks very much for your help!

This is me smacking my forehead. I hadn't even thought of it. Yes, that does circumvent the issue, although because I am on a Mac it takes two clicks to turn a modifier key back off. That's a problem outside your wheelhouse, though. Thanks very much for your help!

Glad I could be of some help :D

Archived