Next update: possible to remove auto binding of arrow keys to movement?

mad__llama

Hi Devs, thanks for a great game.

I have a request: is it possible to please remove locked binding of arrow keys to movement? It makes the game almost unplayable for left-handers! Most of us lefties use the arrow keys for run / jump and this is the only game (that I've ever played) that won't let you remove the binding for the arrow keys.

Thanks!

llama

I'd like to second this request. This game looks amazing, and I was really excited when I purchased it today, but I'm not able to use my laptop keyboard, rather I use a Razer Nostromo keypad, and in order to play the game I need to remap some of the arrow keys for other functions.

I was going to attempt to remap these keys using the config file or settings file, but can't find it. There is a Klei folder in my Documents with the config files for Don't Starve, but I can't locate any sort of comparable file for Mark of the Ninja. Anyone know where the config file would be located?

Unfortunately in the options menu, Mark of the Ninja does not permit remapping of the up, down, left or right arrow keys which I need to use for other functions on my Nostromo keypad. 

For example, I'd like to edit the config file in order to remap the up arrow key to correspond to the "jump" command, as it seems to be locked to a different command on the in-game options menu.

I was able to follow Obelisk's instructions here to generate a graphics.ini file, but I haven't found a settings.ini file anywere, despite there being some mention of this in a recent game update.

Otherwise, the next thing I will try is to see if I can figure out whether any part of the settings.sav file (inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your steam user id>\214560\remote\users\settings.sav ) corresponds to the keybindings using HxD together with a decimal to hex conversion utility. 

Been looking forward to Mark of the Ninja for a long time and can't wait to play it, but I'm sort of stuck until I can get these keys remapped.