Save Game option

it would be nice to be able to save the game and then to re-load it from that save point if you die. also a version that works on Mac for steam would be nice.

I like alot of what you did I just don't like having to start all over from day one without all my hard work due to one little mistake or not being strong enough to take on the critters that show up by day five. Also where do you find poop I can't seem to find any hmmm perhaps an option on difficulty would be good

Guest Dandytard

I thought about that aswell, But it would ruin the whole ' how many days can you survive ' gameplay objective if you could save, wouldn't it? :) . I know how you feel mate, I got up to day 8, A new record, and died from monster meat poisoning by accident. I have no idea where you find poop either, I'm assuming these things called 'pigmen' or whatever they might be. I'm trying to avoid reading up somewhere and spoil the game, sorta. A difficulty option would really be good, since I died from two hits from some mobs. Although this would effect how much EXP you gain once you die. If you play on easy, It'd go much slower than on normal or hard. PS: I believe there's an item or two which can resurrect you if you die. The point of the game is to learn- Get more research points, unlock something, build it, Probably die from a critter, Then do it all over again until you've got decent defensive gear.

Wendy to th-oh, I mean, Mobius to the rescue! ;)

it would be nice to be able to save the game and then to re-load it from that save point if you die. also a version that works on Mac for steam would be nice.

As Dandytard explained, Don't Starve has certain Rogue-like elements to it and one of those elements is permadeath. Of course the character you start playingas, namely Wilson, has a few tricks up his sleeve that can help keep him alive. Cheif among these is the Meat Effigy. If you can unlock this "Magic" invention and grow a mighty enough beard (and then unlock the razor blade) then you too may be able to cheat death.

The only save option being discussed right now which may have merit is a quick save on exit, so you don't need to wait until sunset or sunrise to quit the game without losing all your progress in-between. Of course if you die then you're still dead as the quick save would be deleted with your save game.

I like alot of what you did I just don't like having to start all over from day one without all my hard work due to one little mistake or not being strong enough to take on the critters that show up by day five.

Ah, but death is the greatest teacher of all. Now you know about the hounds, and you know that you need to build a science machine and research both the spear and log suit (and rope...I recall that needed researching). Or if you cannot get both, then equip an axe and, here's a hint, the hounds love meat... drop a few meat morsels around you and attack them while they're busy snacking. And when they die, they'll drop monster meat... and the next hound will try to eat that... and so on. ;)

Also where do you find poop I can't seem to find any...

Manure? You need to find the island with the beefalo, which is usually a grassy plains island (yellow grass ground with lots of grass tufts).

hmmm perhaps an option on difficulty would be good

Yup, this is an option which several users have brought up. Some wants easier difficulties, while others want harder difficulties. I'm all for being able to set the difficulty, as I usually pick "Normal".