Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

NoahBangs89

[Help Needed] Trying to create the eternal torch

NoahBangs89    0

Dear Users,

I am new to this forum, but have worked with mods for a while.

I am having trouble creating the eternal torch. I organize all the necessary files like anims, scripts, sounds, etc.

And yet, it crashes whenever I enable it and hit ok. I have puzzled at this for an hour or so.

Here is the code in my modmain.lua

local STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGSlocal Ingredient = GLOBAL.Ingredientlocal RECIPETABS = GLOBAL.RECIPETABSlocal Recipe = GLOBAL.RecipePrefabFiles = {	"eternaltorch",	"torchfire",}ComponentFiles = {}Assets = {    Asset( "IMAGE", "fx/torchfire.tex" ),	Asset( "ATLAS", "fx/torchfire.xml" ),}function EternalTorch(player)    local recipe_eternaltorch = GLOBAL.Recipe("eternaltorch", {Ingredient("goldnugget", 1), Ingredient("twigs", 1)}, RECIPETABS.LIGHT, {SCIENCE =0} )	recipe_eternaltorch.atlas = "images/eternaltorch.xml"endGLOBAL.STRINGS.NAMES.ETERNALTORCH = "Eternal Torch"GLOBAL.STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.ETERNALTORCH = "A torch that never burns out."AddSimPostInit(EternalTorch)AddPrefabPostInit("eternaltorch")

I have uploaded the files for further examination. Any help?

eternaltorch.zip

baldr    1

NoahBangs89,

fx/torchfire.xml incorrectly refers to data/fx/torchfire.tex as texture file name. Remove "data/" prefix and DS won't fail due to this.