The Written Works of W.P. Higgsbury

Luggs

This is a bit of an experiment. Hope you enjoy.

-written upon a scrap of parchment, the page is covered with quick drawings resembling insects. Charcoal smudges suggest these drawings are part of a series of revisions-

This world continues to fascinate me. The creatures here are of remarkable forms unlike the ones back home. The most familiar creatures have been the insects. They have grown to incredible size in comparison to the life they resemble. This suggests these islands exist in an oxygen rich environment. Unfortunately, this size may give them the ability to overpower me, (if there hostility is any indictation) preventing close observation of live specimens. For now.

Signed, W.P. Higgsbury

Edited by Luggs
  • Like 1

-this papyrus is covered in dots, several attempts to connect these dots in patterns of constellations around the border of the paper. Words like "inconsistent" and "wrong positions" surround these attempts-

Night has fallen and sitting by my campfire waitng for dawn, I now find myself drawn to the stars. Escaping this place shall certainly involve a fair bit of sea travel. Without a compass or any nautical equipment with which to gauge my course, the stars shall be my only option. Unfortunately, my attempts to find Ursa Major and thereby, the North Star have been met with a most curious predicament. These stars show no consistency to no known constellation. Orion, Cassiopeia, Libra. None. Perhaps it is the lateness at which I write but I feel as though they have shifted every time I look up. Perhaps a night's rest to recharge my mind.

Signed, W.P. Higgsbury

• Like 1

-a piece of papyrus with a dark evil looking, pressed flower down the middle-

I awoke this morning to patch of these growing nearby. Getting near them gave me a mild headache, which worsened the longer I was near. Picking the flower resulted in a wave of painful throbbing but the 'aura' they emitted was gone, allowing for safe analysis. The fact picked flowers of this variety cease their aura even after they have been replanted suggests that the initial severance from the earth permanently cuts them off from an important component in the chemical reaction that causes it. Further study of the flower as well as the soil from which it spawned will be needed.