Shank 2 speedrunning stuff (world records and such)

Bluedoom57

I wanted to make this forum post in case there was anybody out there who was interested in things that are Shank 2 speedrun related. The first and primary thing I'd like to share is the world record I achieved on livestream earlier today. I worked really hard to get here and I'm really proud of myself. So if anyone's interested, check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOJSHWWQIk 

If anyone has any questions or anything else to share, it'd be great to speak with people who are interested :)
This next bit goes out directly to Klei Entertainment, I'd just like to say thanks so much for making Shank 2. Because I enjoyed it so much, I started speedrunning, and from that I started livestreaming. Livestreaming has changed my life in so many positive ways, and I never would've started if Shank 2 hadn't existed. So thanks again, if you're reading :)

Since I haven't updated my speedrun time for Shank 2 as of yet, I figured I'd start making some videos that contain tricks or glitches that may or may not be useful. For right now, I'd like to share a glitch I found a few months ago that takes place early in Stage 2. Currently, a way to make this glitch useful hasn't been found, but I personally think it's interesting nontheless.

i know 3 glitches that work in survival mode =] but i dont use them because im badass and i win anyway.

-infinite combo attack glitch (can only be used with female fighters, and you need ALOT of patience and time)

-infinite hover mode (only male fighters)

-permanent decoy

The infinite hovering can be done only by male fighters and on the farm level. You can only do it with male fighters because you need pistols as your ranged weapon.

Step 1: get to the ridge right above the left supply cache. This ridge is the one that has the switch on it to open the trap. get to the right of that ridge, but don't get too far so that you'll fall off. 

Step 2: do a spinning upper knife attack, followed by immediately doing a dodge maneuver, and then shoot towards the ground with your pistols. as long as you stay in the middle of the map (actually, just within the lines of the spinning mill) youll be able to stay up there for as long as you wish as long as you have the patience to point down and shoot. I've come close to beating all 30 levels like this (but i lose because on level 27 I got so tired that I let go of the controller and fell down to the zombie group gang bang.

The infinite combo attacks can only be done with female attackers. And I am not sure if this can be done on XBOX or PC. But for ps3 you need to grapple an enemy, press down, and then button mash repeatedly on the shank attack button. This will perform a slam attack. Your fighter will still do combo attacks on the defeated enemy (even after he grayed out after his HP reached zero). I've done this with one goon left in the map so that the level doesn't progress onwards, and my ally keeps luring the goon from place to place, allowing me to just accumulate on combo points.

The Permanent decoy is the one that I recommend if you're playing with a noob or you're just bored and looking for some funny goon action. This permanent decoy costs 2000 bucks, requires that you die once, and can be performed as many times as you wish as long as you have the money and someone will revive you. This is the one that makes the goons act all funny.

You need to have extremely low health - so that the next blow a goon gives you will kill you - like a one hit kill. I usually do this on the 13th level so that the zombies will hit me once in low health and then the permanent decoy is activated.

Grab a turret and choose the location of the permanent decoy. Walk or throw that turret to the desired location. 

Grab the turret, and now you need to have great timing...because you need to press two buttons very fast in sequence. 

while holding the turret press R1 and then X in that order VERY FAST. R1 is to put down the turret and X is to jump (again, not sure if this works on XBOX).

Now you need to get hit by a goon and die. This activates the permanent decoy.

this will make the turret disappear, but the goons will still attack the area that the turret was as if it was still there. the goons will just be attacking the air. It's pretty funny on boss levels because the boss does collateral damage on his own guys. Or you could just place the permanent decoy in the middle of the map and open the trap, and the goons will voluntarily jump into the trap! If there is a program that I could install on the ps3 to record the live action play, ill make a video to demonstrate each glitch for you and Klei.

Oh no, I know that. I didn't mean as far as making updates goes, I'm just curious as to whether or not they find this kind of stuff actually interesting or not xD
As buggy as Shank 2 is, I don't think it really needs fixing. Unless you're specifically looking for glitches like this, chances are you aren't going to find them.

Archived