Modding tent usage

dotexe

I like the character mod Wulfe. But I want to be able to use tents/houses as her. I want to edit the mod to allow me to do this. I have looked through all the files I can open with notepad and cannot find anything that looks like it changes her permissions to use tents. 

Can anyone point me to where you would change a characters ability to use tents?

If I remember right, Wulfe's inability to use tents is actually a cleverly hidden semi-bug.

Wulfe counts as a monster, and the game doesn't let you use tents with monsters present. The dialogue was simply changed, to make it seem intentional.

Very clever, in my opinion. And it ultimately suits the character, anyway.

To get around it, I think you'd have to modify the tent to allow sleeping when there is "danger" present.

Just additional info:

The purpose behind wulfe being tagged as a monster is because it was the easiest method to get pigmen to attack her on sight. You could also just remove her monster tag if you dont mind her not having the natural enemies restriction, or find some other way to implement that feature.

Just additional info:

The purpose behind wulfe being tagged as a monster is because it was the easiest method to get pigmen to attack her on sight. You could also just remove her monster tag if you dont mind her not having the natural enemies restriction, or find some other way to implement that feature.

I think the monster tag also stopped the hounds biting her.

There was a bug where the hounds would still attack - after the first bite, they would become passive, but a quirk with the hound code stopped them being friendly at first.

That's why I didn't suggest removing the tag. Kinda breaks the character.

I think the monster tag also stopped the hounds biting her.

There was a bug where the hounds would still attack - after the first bite, they would become passive, but a quirk with the hound code stopped them being friendly at first.

That's why I didn't suggest removing the tag. Kinda breaks the character.

Actually I think it's the "hound" tag that stops hounds from attacking her. The monster tag would make merms not attack her, and I'm not sure what else. Could easily remove the monster tag and change the pigs targeting to target wulfe in the modmain.

Yup.  Its just the code that spawns the hounds also specifically sets them targetting the player as soon as they spawn. The modified hounded.lua file packaged with the wulfe mod has an exception where the auto targetting wont happen if the target has the 'houndfriend' tag.

Archived