Mods don't work on Linux version (Debian Jessie 32-bit)

aracnus

(I originally posted this here, but since I have no comments, I'm trying again, as a new topic)

I have a dual boot machine and the Linux version (running on a Debian Jesse 32-bit version) doesn't show me the mods I subscribed on Steam (they appear normally on Windows version in the same machine). When I enter the Mods area, I receive a message "Verifying mod details...", then another one informing that the mods are being downloaded (these messages appear every time I enter there), but nothing happens. Here is a shot of the screen after the messages:

rd8qtP1.png

And the mods were downloaded. When I enter "~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/dont_starve/mods/" I can see them all. Is there any problem with Linux version? I don't have any problem playing the game, only with mods.

You are not the first to mention this issue, but im also a linux user (xubuntu/kubuntu 13.10) and both steam and standalone DS work fine for me.  There must be some base package I have that others might not.  Im sure several other of the modders here are also on one flavor or another of linux.

Thanks for solution. I used it for my steps (grow the dontstarve_mods.ext4 file-FS-tmp to 512Mb):

Type it by root user:

cd /home/xor/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/dont_starve

mv mods mods.orig

dd if=/dev/zero of=dontstarve_mods.ext4 bs=$(( 2**20 )) count=512

mkfs.ext4 dontstarve_mods.ext4

mount -o loop dontstarve_mods.ext4 mods

chown -R xor:xor mods

cp -Ra mods.orig/*  mods/

P.S. change the "xor" user id to your

P.P.S. solution taked from http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/29888-no-mods-in-game-options-steam/page-2

Archived