Asset Template Request

Nycidian

To Cheerio or Ipsquiggle

Is there a chance we could have access to either a spriter file that details how the sanity/health/hunger/beaver_meter badge animations are put together or at the very least a detailed explanation on how we would have to make one including the animation names involved? 

As it is right now it is possible to hack one and change it but there are two problems.

First, there is no way to change the bank name which causes serious issues with how you call those animations, though I did find a work around. 

Second, because of how the tex files are put together there are some limitations on the icons you can make for the animations. The low percent icons in the animations are smaller than the large icons and tex files are arranged it looks like to take advantage of transparency to condense as much as it can in a small area, what this means is you have a smaller area to place the low percent icons than you do for the high percentage icons. Which is find unless you want to make an icon that doesn't shrink.

Alternatively since there is a way to deal with the first problem perhaps you could make a template badge that uses icons in place of the heart/stomach/brain/wood that in all stages fill the badge area so the area to replace doesn't get shrunk.

Edit: Here is a picture showing what I mean notice the shriveled brain on the bottom left and how it is shoved right against the side of the image making less room to replace it than the other brains.

post-290854-0-31134400-1382026873_thumb.

Actually, this is something I did for the next version of my Link mod.

I'm not sure if this was the one that worked perfectly, or if the animation had to be retimed (which is super easy) and reversed (which is easy, just annoyingly tedious) - CJB will have a much better idea of what's going on, and how it all works, but hopefully this can at least get you started.

magicwidget.zip

Actually, this is something I did for the next version of my Link mod.

I'm not sure if this was the one that worked perfectly, or if the animation had to be retimed (which is super easy) and reversed (which is easy, just annoyingly tedious) - CJB will have a much better idea of what's going on, and how it all works, but hopefully this can at least get you started.

attachicon.gifmagicwidget.zip

For some reason I expected this to be multiple animations. I guess that was silly but I have no experience working with animations good to know its just one animation.

Thanks I should be able to use this once I get the art to make a custom widget, I appreciate the help and the willingness to share.

Thanks I should be able to use this once I get the art to make a custom widget, I appreciate the help and the willingness to share.

No problem!

I just like seeing cool stuff - being all secretive doesn't get anyone anywhere. I'm happy to share!

Just note that since mine is all Zelda themed, you will need to re-do the outer ring's art. In fact, you probably won't be able to reuse any of it... but oh well. Much easier with a template to work from, I assure you. =)

No problem!

I just like seeing cool stuff - being all secretive doesn't get anyone anywhere. I'm happy to share!

Just note that since mine is all Zelda themed, you will need to re-do the outer ring's art. In fact, you probably won't be able to reuse any of it... but oh well. Much easier with a template to work from, I assure you. =)

Its no problem I'm sure I can figure it out once I have a place to start from.

My problem I have run into with modding this game is that somethings seem to be unintentionally obfuscated in the way to code is put together so finding out how to do things often isn't as easy as one would hope just looking for examples. This of course is in addition to my amazing ability to look at code for hours and hours and miss the blatantly obvious. So having an example is amazingly helpful to me, thanks again.

Archived