On the new research point replacement

Ok first of all no I do not know what the new mechanic is. I do like the research point mechanic for the most part except one thing, they carry over game to game thus making later games easier or boring due to not gaining anything.

Now I have a few suggestions for this if the system isn't finalized in the conceptual stage.

First of all research points are fine IF you made them reset each game as well as researched items, thus you would still have something to strive for each round.

Second idea

Make structures like crafting stations, you don't have to remove the science machine if you just make it so you need it to craft the higher level things

Third idea

Pokemon

Really my issue with the game right now is after I unlock all the research it gets dull because I am just roaming around, and if I keep deleting my save I don't unlock any characters. Can we get a hot fix where research points reset each new game? A temp fix till next month.

Ok first of all no I do not know what the new mechanic is.

Fair enough, I'll tell you what I know. Kevin wants to drop the whole "research point" system and replace it with one that's not as grindy or arbitrary (i.e. RP can be traded to unlock any invention). The solution? He wants to replace it with a system that requires you to invest resources to unlock inventions. Say, you have the gold axe still locked. Now double or triple the cost in resources (i.e. sticks + gold ore) it would take to create one. Now you invest those resources in prototyping a "gold axe" and when completed you craft one. After it's unlocked you can rebuild the gold axe, but now at a much cheaper crafting cost because you're familiar with how to create it (it's no longer a prototype).

I do like the research point mechanic for the most part except one thing, they carry over game to game thus making later games easier or boring due to not gaining anything.

Neither do I. There's no word on whether the new system will carry-over between characters and new games however.

First of all research points are fine IF you made them reset each game as well as researched items, thus you would still have something to strive for each round.

Yup. This is what I've suggested in the past too. Of course there are some who disagree.

Second idea

Make structures like crafting stations, you don't have to remove the science machine if you just make it so you need it to craft the higher level things

And what exactly would you propose the purpose of the crafting stations be... other than extra work? You'll need to give a reason and some examples otherwise it just sounds like extra levels of unnecessary complexity.

Third idea

Pokemon

You're in luck! They already made a game just like this and it's called Pokemon. You should be able to buy it in stores right now... :)

FYI, the new research system will be introduced in January. Apparently the people at Klei celebrate something called Christmas... odd... and they didn't want to dump a completely new research system on us and then disappear for a couple of weeks. That at least sounds like a good idea in my book.