[Help] Game Crashes On Exit Fo Not Finding An Anim

Malacath

Yeah, that title sucks, but I didn't know how to put it. Apparently the game searches for an anim file when exiting the game. The file it searches is existent but for some reason the game searches an all-CAPS-LOCK version of that file and thus reports to not be able to find it:

...m/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua:244: Could not find an asset matching anim/WAXWORTH.zip in any of the search paths.LUA ERROR stack traceback:        =[C] in function 'assert'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua(244,1) in function 'resolvefilepath'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(18,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(43,1) in function 'LoadPrefabFile'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(656,1) in function 'Shutdown'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(642,1) in function 'RequestShutdown'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(159,1) in function 'onclick'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/button.lua(37,1) in function 'OnControl'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(99,1) in function 'OnControl'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(99,1) in function 'OnControl'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(99,1) in function 'OnControl'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/popupdialog.lua(62,1) in function 'OnControl'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/frontend.lua(102,1) in function 'OnControl'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/input.lua(71,1) in function 'OnControl'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/input.lua(193,1)

See the first line.

Why does the game register prefabs when quitting it? That doesn't make any sense to me. But If I knew why then I might find the problem myself. Otherwise I can upload the mod in question as soon as my internet is faster than a snail.

EDIT: SOLVED

The problem were those lines:

STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.WAXWORTH = ""STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.WAXWORTH = ""STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.WAXWORTH = ""STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.WAXWORTH = ""

which should be:

STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.waxworth = ""STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.waxworth = ""STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.waxworth = ""STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.waxworth = ""

But can anyone explain me why it searches for an anim with the last index of those lists?

Archived