What should klei focus the next few updates on?

What should klei focus the next few updates on?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What should klei focus the next few updates on?

• Ocean content
    • Bosses
    • Caves
    • QOL
    • Skill trees
    • Boss reworks
    • New post game content

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m wanting Klei to almost if not entirely redesign a lot of the core gameplay mechanics of DST. And in order for them to actually be able to DO That, they need to heavily shift their focus away from Boss fights.

Have you played Lego Fortnite yet? Not Sandbox mode, I mean actual survival mode… well let me simplify it into a TL:DR for you, UNLIKE DST where character temperature is almost entirely reliant on Weather Season or how wet you are, in Lego Fortnite there are areas of the game (climates) that are too hot or too cold and you need additional gear to traverse.

Stick with me on this, Klei added a Shark Boss out at sea that takes place on top of a melting ice glacier, butttttttttttt, you don’t actually need to wear winter gear while fighting it, because unlike Lego Fortnite, Temperature in DST is almost entirely reliant on the games predictable calendar season or on very rare occasion a bosses AoE (Klaus) or Dragonfly magnet ponds.

If you go into a cave on Lego your character may become too hot and require extra insulation, and if Klei were to rework caves content, then those long stretches of hallways filled with nothing could instead have lava rivers where traversing through the area would require the player to use heat resistant gear or err something like that..

In short: make general gameplay and biome exploration more unique and interesting instead of relying on bosses you’ll fight once or twice to get the loots or trophies from then never bother touching again cause there’s no reason.

I have yes, I didn't find it overly interesting though.

I understand what you're saying, it's probably much more sensible to not redesign every element of the game from the ground up though. You had it explained to you so many times that Klei are not as big of a studio as you feel they are. This is not something they should do, maybe someday, but not right now - no.

I always hope for new biomes, in whatever form that might take. Forgotten knowledge is probably my favorite update for adding two new incredibly in depth biomes with incredibly unique aesthetics, mechanics and enemies. 

In terms of skill trees, i think Wendy and Wanda should get there's soon so they aren't exposed to powercreep, and they've also have some issues i'd like to see solved. That said Walter and Winona need them too, but I'd prefer they be left to slightly later.

I guess my main hope would be a new biome that is affected by currently active rifts. So if no rifts are active, its a relatively barren biome like the archives, but gets two different modes when either rift is active, with a unique objective within the biome.