Don't Leave Home Without It

Shipwrecked, day 208. The volcano must be appeased! With a doydoy in tow, I depart for the crater. Midway through my journey, those familiar menacing growls again haunt me. I dock my vessel on a nearby isle and prepare myself for combat. Alas, their numbers are beyond my ability to manage alone, and I resort to the ace in my sleeve: the Bramble Husk, bane to all swarming aggressors! But no. With deepest regrets and the bitterness of the inevitable fast upon me, I neglected to include this vital bulwark among my possessions. I flee to my ship, but succumb at the water's edge...

This world's magics return me to flesh through the mysterious alters on the isle I've decided to call home, if only to face the grave consequence for my failure. Though I guard my own life, there is little I can do as the rain of fire devastates the natural beauty of my home. The vile vermin who saw fit to prevent the volcano's appeasement will taste the fullness of my resentment!

After recovering from my weakened state and remedying the error that caused all this, I cobble together a crude raft and return to the site of my grave error (and also grave). My killers have awaited me, and swarm immediately, yet the blades of green I adorn myself in slice them all to ribbons in nary a second! I, the volcano's wrath, the beauty of my home, and the unfortunate sacrifice who starved in my pack, are avenged.

I present this as a cautionary tale, that no matter what means you use to turn dire tides in your favor: Don't leave home without it!

Edited by ShadowbirdRH