Workaround for current trap glitch on Nintendo Switch?

Does anyone have an idea for a workaround for don't starve: Nintendo switch edition for this particular scenario?

No matter what you try, crafting a trap or bird trap causes the game to crash immediately. I've seen others report that even picking up a trap does this. I also tried filling my inventory entirely to force the trap to fall on the ground to see if I could pick it up later, but just crafting the trap still causes the game to crash. 

I made an amazing RoG world and wanted to link it to Shipwrecked and Hamlet, but crafting the prestihatitator to get the shadow manipulator is impossible AFAIK because you need live rabbits. I've tried waiting for them to fall asleep at night, forcing them to sleep with a pan flute, and hitting them with a sleep dart to see if I could just pick them up, but there is no option to pick up a sleeping rabbit (weirdly, this is possible with birds. It's how I was able to place a bird in my birdcage) 

Does anyone know of a way that you can get a live rabbit in your inventory without a trap? I saw some people mention earthquakes, but I'm curious if RoG even drops rabbits from earthquakes as I've never seen one. And even then, I'm not sure you'd be able to pick up the stunned rabbit. Or alternatively, is there a way to craft the shadow manipulator without the prestihatitator?

The first time you use a worthy, it should bring up a menu asking if you'd like to merge to an existing world or create a new one. So if you'd like, you can make a new Hamlet or SW world, craft the seaworthy/skyworthy there since hatitators have different recipes in those worlds, and then use it to merge into your existing world.