I've been thinking about what a good Skill Tree would be for our dear robot friend. I think before we start, it would be good to review some strengths and weaknesses of the character:

Pros - He's the best character for ruins rush and adapts to any situation and season without issues (except for spring). He's also a walking trash can for spoiled food and doesn't need to craft tons of healing items if he has gears on hand. Basically, whoever plays with this character seeks CONVENIENCE! Not having to search for resources to make light, food, or regulate temperature.

Cons - Besides having to avoid freezing or getting wet, he doesn't have any real way to increase his damage like many characters with skill trees. The most he can do to increase his damage is the Electrification Circuit, which doesn't play a very significant role. Finally, it takes a good amount of time to charge the Charge Meter, which makes it impossible to switch circuits in battle.

For me, a good skill tree should give you the opportunity to choose between enhancing your advantages or mitigating your disadvantages, without making the game too easy and highlighting the essence of the character. WX-78 is a robot and should convey that while you play with him!

Taking this into account, my suggestion for perks for him would be:
>Increase Jimmy's analysis speed.
>Possibility to create a portable charger that is consumed when used, it would charge the entire Charge Meter of WX, and its recipe could be: 2 Electric Milk and 1 Electrical Doodad (or 1 Scrap).
>Add 1 more slot for the circuits (So it would be possible to use the Thermal Circuit and the Optoelectronic Circuit at the same time... It's annoying to have to settle for the Illumination Circuit due to lack of slots)
>Add electric damage to attacks with any weapon when using the Electrification Circuit.
>Craft gears from 3-5 scraps.
>Decrease the analysis time of the W.A.R.B.I.S. Head Gear (The item is quite weak for users without damage boost, and I feel that there's a lack of synergy with this item with WX... In most cases, it's more worth using the Enlightened Crown itself).
>Increase the effects of the W.A.R.B.I.S. Head Gear

About Shadow Aligned perks and Lunar Aligned perks:
>It would be interesting if when choosing the lunar side, he could craft a laser similar to the ScrappyWerepig's. The recipe would be 8 scraps and 1 Enlightened Shard.
>It would be interesting if when choosing the shadow side, WX-78 could ride a Damaged Clockwork Rook that he repaired, it would be like a domesticated beefalo, but with a charge attack. This would make him even better in the ruins!

>Obviously, there would have to be a circuit related to Shadow Aligned Creatures and one related to Lunar Aligned Creatures. It could be the following:
-By analyzing an Ancient Sentrypede, you can make a 2-slot chip that repairs the bright shade armors that are being worn over time. The recipe would be 4 Brightshade Husk.
-By analyzing the Nightmare Werepig, you would have a similar chip for Void armors. The recipe would be 4 Dark Tatters.

I Also like the idea of Woodie's skill tree having a straight line format like pine trees and Wormwood's being branches. I believe it would be interesting if the format resembled chipsets or gears.

What do you think?

image.png.e5d2fbbe97a6f7c86c6aab59295c265a.png

Edited by Aldair Reis
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aldair Reis said:

He's the best character for ruins rush

it's easiest to do that as him, but he's definitely not the most efficient since you only need to fight AG and the 2nd bishops at full station if you aren't going to repair another statue because of not using thule for crowns and armor because beefalo/dreadstone stuff, most efficient are chars with work multipliers, so maxwell

52 minutes ago, Aldair Reis said:

Finally, it takes a good amount of time to charge the Charge Meter, which makes it impossible to switch circuits in battle

the problem is that there's no reason to swap them except maybe tanking using 3 hp circuits and switching off after the fight ends to spend much less healing stuff and switching once every 15-20 days because of seasons

54 minutes ago, Aldair Reis said:

>Decrease the analysis time of the W.A.R.B.I.S. Head Gear (The item is quite weak for users without damage boost, and I feel that there's a lack of synergy with this item with WX... In most cases, it's more worth using the Enlightened Crown itself).
>Increase the effects of the W.A.R.B.I.S. Head Gear

it's better to make it not extremely bad for everyone instead of only 1 character 

• Like 1