Custom character crashes when activating mod

On 3/26/2024 at 5:38 AM, Nehuen721 said:

So, I continued making an old mod with the sample character template and a tutorial from sümi (If that is important) and after finishing the speech file, I tried to test it like in the video and every time i turn it on the game crashes without explaining why, it just closes.

You should upload your mod or client_log

On 3/31/2024 at 12:43 PM, Haruhi Kawaii said:

You should upload your mod or client_log

I am very sorry for replying so late but I wasn't able to find a helpful tutorial on how to do that. I am very sorry I'm very new in this modding stuff and I am not definetely not the brightest sorry

I'm having the exact same issue, though i finish editing all the basic character info. I used the exact same video given that it's the easiest for me to understand. Im able to get through to the character selection screen but past that I'm just forever loading into the game. I don't even get a crash or anything. Its just a blank screen loading forever and i never know wether to turn the game off or let it go. 

If you guys can zip the file of your mod, you can attach the zipped folder to a post here/a file hosting service and people can download it.

If you don't want to do that, then here's how to find the logs.

1. To find your client log, go to "Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether". client_log.txt will be in that folder.

2. If you are running a server with caves enabled when the game crashes, go to the select server screen and click the "manage world" button of that server

image.png

Click "open world folder", which will open the folder in windows. Go into "master" and you can find "server_log.txt".

Make sure to check these files immediately after the game crashes, without opening the game (for client_log)/server (for server_log) again.

Even if the game is just loading indefinitely and you're forced to close it, the log will probably be able to tell you why.

You can look through them and try and see if you can see the problem. If not you can send them here.

Edited by Chesed