In your opinion, who has the best voice?

I want to like Woodie because I love the Cello. But his is much too fast and not slow and melancholy like how I prefer.

Wormwood is my natural bias because I love him and the idea of a plant sounding like that is brilliant.

Though if we are just going by "pleasing to the ear" Warly most likely for me.

Thematically Wanda is the best. Brilliant design and I was so glad my desire when she was announced came to fruition.

I think Wendy’s voice is best. Alto flute is my favorite instrument and it suits her well. Plus, the musicality of her voice is better than most of the characters.

I wouldn’t say I necessarily enjoy listening to Wigfrid’s voice, but as a fellow theatre person I gotta say it’s appropriate.

I was gonna say Walani and just wanted to confirm my memory of it first, but... am I going crazy or didn't the various Don't Starve wikis used to have sound effects listed- so you could listen to them all? I can't find a single page like that any more

Wilson's voice gives me endless enjoyment. Its high-pitched but not in annoying. It makes me see him almost like a scrawny little nerd, but in an amusing way. When he gets hit a lot, he's like a seuaky toy. Yes, it enhances my experience of the game.

12 hours ago, user1464576869 said:

I was gonna say Walani and just wanted to confirm my memory of it first, but... am I going crazy or didn't the various Don't Starve wikis used to have sound effects listed- so you could listen to them all? I can't find a single page like that any more

The sound clips have moved to each individual character's gallery page

Edited by Cackenberg
  • Like 1

This is a bit of a hot take, but my favorite DST voice is probably Wurt's. I like how the "gargle" part of her sound makes her voice distinct from the "scale-less" voices, and it really does seem to suit her.

If we're counting solo Don't Starve, though, I've gotta go with Wheeler. Her voice is incredible.

Edited by Ryusuta
  • Like 2