Lunar and Shadow Fire Effects

The title is a little long winded, but what I really mean is that Lunar Fire-Raisers set shadow aligned enemies (Such as normally fire immune enemies like Crawling Terrors) on Lunar Fire, which would be much more damaging, but likely would not work with Burning Frenzy. It'd be vice versa for Shadow Fire-Raisers on lunar aligned enemies. However, since there are no lunar aligned enemies that don't take fire damage (at least to my knowledge), Shadow Fire would work on all wet and submerged enemies, as well as Depth Worms and Tentacles. It likely wouldn't work on non-aligned creatures, or creatures of the same alignment as the Fire-Raiser.

Having more or less damage output based on what affinity you pick makes the choice between the two more meaningful outside of just what they do. I think to balance it out, their base damage should be lowered (wherein the fire status effect would add up to more damage overall), and or the hidden 10% damage boost towards the opposite affinity (which I'm not totally sure actually exists).

3 hours ago, Beetrice said:

However, since there are no lunar aligned enemies that don't take fire damage

Celestial Champion, Crab King, Grazer, Saladmander, Bright-Eyed Frog? 

2 hours ago, Sikers said:

Celestial Champion, Crab King, Grazer, Saladmander, Bright-Eyed Frog? 

Ah, right. I haven't played in a little while, so I wasn't sure if CC and the others took fire damage. Thanks for specifying!

• Like 1