Scrappy Shield Bash BERNIE!

I've been enjoying the character-specific interactions with items, enemies and the world, so I wanted to suggest another. While Bernie is in BERNIE! form, you can right click on him with the Chapauldron selected in order to attach it to his shoulder. This would give BERNIE! a charge attack when out of range of an enemy, but unlike the Weremoose, it would deal a great deal of damage to the first thing it hits. If BERNIE! is in range, he would do a shield bash (every three swings or so) which would hit harder and briefly stun any non-boss creatures it hits (stun in this context just stopping their opportunity to attack). You wouldn't be able to apply the stun effect immediately after it ends though, to avoid stun-locking, even if it is on a non-boss mob. If it's balanced, the pauldron would also give BERNIE! the 20% damage reduction the Werepig has.

I think this would help give Willow have more utility for Bernie outside of just her skill tree perks, and having BERNIE! always dealing damage would make him a more imposing tank. The shield would lose durability as it takes damage, but as it only has about 800 HP or so, would not take as much while on BERNIE!. It's also really cool, so..

• Like 1