QoL Chest upgrades idea

Hello Klei
As an old Don't Starve player, I first want to say thank you for continuing to develop the game, at least the co-op. My English is terrible so this will be a transliteration

I was a little upset by the look of the updated chests from the beta when they visually become larger, but instead of expanding the storage cells they add an expansion of the number of items in the cell, it seems to me that this breaks the logic of the visual and the technical solution, so I had an idea that I want to share.

I think that giving access to such chests after killing a champion is too late for most players and they will only see these update moments on YouTube. Plus this makes signature tablets completely useless, because one chest now has 9 infinite slots.
My idea is to make two chest improvements that can work both together and separately from each other.
The first one available as the game progresses will make the stacks infinite or more capacious without changing the number of cells as it is now, but also without increasing the size of the chest. To upgrade, you can use Pure Horror + Scrap + Bootleg Getaway, which we get after battles with Nightmare Werepig and Frostjaw, and this will make the last mid-boss a little more desirable to interact with. Visually, this can be played out in a steampunk style by adding a couple of pistons to the chests and perhaps Bootleg, which will thrombose the contents of the cells, making the bottom of the Scrap and Gears a little heavier. A similar option but perhaps a little more expensive to do for Scaled Chest, you remember that they also exist, right?

The second expansion will be available after killing the champion and it will delight all players on consoles, because for us it’s already a difficult enough task to build chests straight, but getting the tablet into the right place is almost impossible.
This upgrade will visually enlarge the chests and add slots to the option of 4*4 for a regular chest and 5*5 for a Scaled Chest, seriously we love this chest. Also saving the previous update if it was applied to the chest. But besides this, a self-written sign will be added to the chest itself with what’s inside. The upgrade will cost Enlightened Shard+Gears+Pure Brilliance+Gold Nugget+Broken Shell, and the use of Living Log is also justified, which will explain the growth of chests. We take Gold Nugget+Broken Shell to make an inkwell using the kintsugi method into which we will insert a Feather Pencil and our super steampunk chest will sign the contents itself. You can also expand the range of pencils, for example:
Feather Pencil - draws what is in the first slot on the entire tablet and breaks
Down Feather Pencil - also draws only the first slot but is reusable
Malbatross Feather Pencil - places all the cells of the chest with contents on the tablet and is also reusable.
And if the last pencil is useful for a fully upgraded chest with basic resources, then the first two will be a good solution for chests with meat in Bundling Wrap, weapons and clothes.
There are also a couple of ideas regarding the type of signs. Since we are using the Enlightened Shard in the update, the craziest thing is to make a small screen on this crystal in a steampunk style from Wagstaff, if he created glasses with a laser, teleport and wx, he should have the courage to invent a monitor.
More mundane options are jigsaw puzzles or cubes that will correspond to the cells of the chest.

I hope you enjoyed my stream of madness and the quality of life will improve, including for console players. Well, it’s true, we’ve been using Weather Pain for 10 years, but point-blank it doesn’t work any other way.

And one more thing.
I am ready to lay out any amount of resources so that the Bundling Wrap has a content signature and, even better, it is endless and I don’t have to carry a stack of rope with me for 3000 days. Do you want to take 5 Tentacle Spots and a Cat Tail for the eternal Bundling Wrap (sorry Catcoon) and for a brooch with a signature I’m ready to give Iridescent Gem, but I want to see what’s inside, I don’t have mods for the playstation, but even the one that’s on the PC is not in the style of the game , you just see ordinary cells as if they were opened, it helps you understand what’s there but breaks the atmosphere.

• Like 1