[solved] weird interaction when decompiling and recompiling status_meter.zip

i've been feeling like actually making mod since i ""made"" (i just basically published) my first one, so i decided to try and make my own custom hud. cool

using cunningfox's hud lib i managed to get a good understanding, so i tried to go on and change the status circles

except i can't, for some reason? i can decompile status_meter.zip just fine using krane, and it looks fine in spriter. but when i go in-game, the meter frame works fine, but the meter level looks like it's pivot didn't work (as the level progresses it stays centralized in the middle, instead of going down) and the meter icons are gone, as well as the water meter not disappearing after reaching 0

i got no idea where to progress from here, i feel like i'm hitting my head against a wall. does anyone have any idea what could be causing this??

testhud.zip

Edited by fabin
solved, thank you!

1.decompile the recompiled file to see what's wrong.

2.try to fix it and compile again and redo 1. For example framenum(you can see it in build.xml or build.json), loop(there is an icon in Spriter that controls loop), duration can be different.

3.if the compiler is troublesome, I suggest you use the new tool available in my post, named dsanimtool. It can also converts build.bin to build.xml/json for analysis.

Edited by Rickzzs
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rickzzs said:

snip

holy crap, it worked! thank you so, so much!! i guess it was ktools' fault after all, using dsanimtool i was able to compile them correctly, now everything works fine!

Edited by fabin