Advice on in-game skill trees

I would like to make some suggestions on the issue of adding points to the skill tree in the game. I think the current way of adding points is somewhat inconsistent with the gameplay of Don’t Starve.  If you only improve a skill by increasing the number of days you survive, this does not reflect your growth as a survivor in the game very well.

I think it would be a good way to link the improvement of a skill to the corresponding operation using that character.  Taking the character Wolfgang as an example, his tree-cutting and mining skills can be improved by performing the corresponding operations as many times as necessary. For example, cutting down 100 trees/mining 100 ores can unlock the first stage.  Skill bonus, unlock the second stage bonus 200 times.  For skills that increase plane damage, you can unlock them step by step based on how much plane damage the character has caused.  The skill of automatic fitness can be unlocked by the player by making 20 perfect clicks in a row.  I haven't considered the specific number required to unlock it, this is just an example.  I think there is absolutely no need to add skills like coaching. As a Hercules player, I don’t think anyone will use his auxiliary function.  And I don’t think there should be a setting that limits the types of skill upgrades. Players definitely want to experience good skills at the same time, instead of having trouble choosing skills. If there are skills, it will make a character too  Supermodel, then I think its value can be appropriately reduced or the threshold for learning this skill can be raised, rather than limiting the number of skills he possesses at the same time.  For example, Fire Girl Willow's bear, the bear can be ignited and cause damage back, and the skills of the shadow/moon camp can exist at the same time. If the player thinks this is too strong, some of the damage back value can be weakened.  Woody's three transformation final skills would be too powerful if they existed at the same time, and the requirements for obtaining these skills could be increased.  The only skills that should be designed to require a choice should be the Shadow and Moon alignment skills, after all they are two opposing parts.

Also, for a character like Fire Girl Willow who attacks enemies with magic, I think it’s inappropriate to have a skill that increases physical damage. The skill effect can be replaced by adding a fire effect to Willow’s physical attacks for a period of time.  The conditions for obtaining it can be to hit the burning enemy with physical attacks as many times as possible, or simply delete this skill.  The condition for obtaining the controllable combustion skill can be to perform the ignition/extinguishing flame operation as many times as necessary.

I think there is absolutely no problem in deleting some unnecessary skills of a character. According to the game Don’t Starve, there is no need to consider the total number of skills when designing a character. You can appropriately add some skills such as Hercules mining/cutting trees.  Skills that are both practical and consistent with the character's settings are used to make up for the lack of skills in this functional single character. As for the role of Hercules, players just want to experience the pleasure of high attack power, and not because they are similar to coaches.  The lack of skills such as whistles reduces the game experience, and skills with such auxiliary effects can be added to other more suitable characters through a new expression method.

• Like 1