Fully fish character.

i think it could be fun if you added a mostly aquatic character, especially if there's plans to add in water+land tiles, and water in to the caves shard. (along with more ROT water content in general)

they could freely swim around the ocean at +5% speed buff and would flop and hobble around on land with a -5% speed debuff. they would gain wetness when in the water, and vice versa on land. the effects of wetness is basically reversed. (so they'd lose sanity then the lower their wetness is, and have their temperature rise instead of fall). 'dry' weapons deal 10% less damage (instead of slipping), and wearing dry worn items drains their sanity. along with that they lose 1% speed every 2 points of wetness they lose, which gets capped at -33% speed. when at 0 wetness they also would lose health twice that of the hp drain of starving to death.

to combat this, they can wash themselves at ponds or with a watering can, this would replenish 15% wetness each time. along with that they also start with 5 water balloons, and the closest pond or ocean turf gets revealed to them.

additional perks could be: merms not attack them, though they also don't count as a merm so they cannot hire them. (ocean) fish being instantly added into the inventory if there's space for them when you catch them. a Electric damage vulnerability. ability to make land ponds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Webber said:

What if it was some shadow equivalent to water, pretty sure the void underneath the cams is because the court core of the planet is the shadow entity

The design that I was thinking was a more merman version of the unused otter enemy.

Perhaps the tail could be shadow?

This could give it a unique effect of always technically wearing a piece of shadow gear.

Or in simple man talk, it angers the gestalts.

17 minutes ago, SSneaky said:

The design that I was thinking was a more merman version of the unused otter enemy.

Perhaps the tail could be shadow?

This could give it a unique effect of always technically wearing a piece of shadow gear.

Or in simple man talk, it angers the gestalts.

Oh shot I forgot you were talking about a character although that is a good idea  I was talking about water in caves  

also what do you mean by “simple man talk”

9 hours ago, Dr.Webber said:

also what do you mean by “simple man talk”

putting it simply so that it's easier to understand.

9 hours ago, Dr.Webber said:

I was talking about water in caves

mm, shadow water sounds interesting, perhaps just for A specific biome though.