Beefalos damage reduction questions.

I can't find any information on how armor affects beefalos. On youtube there're a lot of comments like "if you don't ride your beefalo, the rook will deal X damage to it". But do we have any information on how actually riding beefalo affrects the damage dealt to it? E.g.:

- what is the damage reduction if I ride beefalo unarmored?

- does wearing armor while riding affect the damage dealt to my beefalo?

- is there any difference in beefalos damage reduction for tamed / untamed beefalos?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Beefalos take full damage ignoring any armor you wear. What happens is that some creatures deal different damage to players and mobs. For example, Deerclops deals 150 damage to mobs, but only 75 to players. When you ride a beefalo, she takes player damage, when you aren't, she takes mob damage.

Edited by SapoLover
Changed Beefalo pronoun because I refer to all my beefalos as female. (Applejack best beefalo name)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sanity 1

3 hours ago, SapoLover said:

Beefalos take full damage ignoring any armor you wear. What happens is that some creatures deal different damage to players and mobs. For example, Deerclops deals 150 damage to mobs, but only 75 to players. When you ride a beefalo, she takes player damage, when you aren't, she takes mob damage.

Thank you for the explanation!  I think the topic could be closed now :D.

• Like 1