Pre-roadmap predictions for the years content?

With the roadmap (probably) being released within the next 24 hours, what are your final predictions for the year ahead:

1) Will the lunar new year event be themed primarily after saladmanders or Dragonfly?

2) How many characters will get skill trees, and which survivors do you think are most likely to get one?

3) What was meant by "the choice of short will make sense with the roadmap"

4) Will From beyond conclude this year, and what will the change to the status quo be?

5) Will we get a new skin collection, and what will it be themed after?

6) What are some major QOL features we'll see this year?

Personally:

I think YOT Dragonfly is the more likely choice, as the lunar island already had year of the carrat fairly recently and I doubt they'd double up on lunar mobs like that.

I'd say Winona, Wortox, Walter and Wx-78 are the most likely to get skill trees, but I hope Warly and Wendy get them sooner rather than later.

I think the odd emphasis on the shadow watchers from the short will become relevant sooner rather than later, as a potential ally, in the form of a new section to the ruins akin to the lunar grotto.

I think think From beyond is likely to end early next year, rather than this year, with the result being Wagstaff and Charlie losing power in the constant to the entiities whose power they've been harnessing. Potentially, this could lead them to becoming playable eventually.

I think we'll likely continue to see the swashbuckler, moonbound and archaic collections, but I think we'll likely get a new collection around Halloween, I think the theme could be medieval, at least some sort of period set similar to the victorian collection. 

Finally, I hopse some QOL is introduced that adds more POI in the ocean, by adding islands with existing setpieces, it gives the island something unique (quantity of setpieces) while not requiring extensive new content. .

Edited by WenericMember
  • Health 1

44 minutes ago, WenericMember said:

2) How many characters will get skill trees, and which survivors do you think are most likely to get one?

Last year we had 6 skill trees, one for the wilson update, three for skilltree focused update and two for a mix between WF and skill trees. Wilson's was only one most likely because they had to do the Skill tree system from zero. I guess this year we will have 6 too, divided in three updates of 2 each, why? to do other 6 skill trees the next year and complete all 18 characters. 3 years of skill trees, I just hope they don't do tainted Wilson or something like that after they're finished.

They'll probably keep pairing popular/strong with unpopular/weak characters, so Wendy, Webber, Winona and Walter are gonna get one for sure.  I personally want to see Wurt's and Wes'. I'm curious about the route they'll take for those two.

Edited by SapoLover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WenericMember said:

I doubt they'd double up on lunar mobs like that.

Well, it is the lunar new year. But i agree that dragonfly is more likely. A chinese dragon reskin for the event is very likely too as we got tigcoon and clay varg in the past.

9 hours ago, WenericMember said:

Just hope Warly gets his skill tree ASAP along with a kitchenware skin set. But I think WX or Walter are most likely to get their skill trees, at least they would be the first pair to get it I think.

• Like 1