Potential Adjustment to the Lazy Explorer

Just had this idea, I personally don't use the Lazy Explorer, but might as well post it.

So when the Lazy Explorer runs out of uses, instead of being consumed, it'll stay at 0, acting like a normal walking cane.

The player can then socket an orange gem to restore half of its charge, as the recipe takes 2. This allows the player to not need to grind for another walking cane.

Another slight variation is the same concept, but replace orange gems for recharging with purple gems, with their relation to teleporting. I dont think this one is that great of an idea, but it could be an interesting way to reward players with Hound farms, but I'd definitely make a purple gem be worth maybe 1/4th of the durability, as opposed to half.

3 hours ago, A Pufferfish said:

Just had this idea, I personally don't use the Lazy Explorer, but might as well post it.

So when the Lazy Explorer runs out of uses, instead of being consumed, it'll stay at 0, acting like a normal walking cane.

The player can then socket an orange gem to restore half of its charge, as the recipe takes 2. This allows the player to not need to grind for another walking cane.

Another slight variation is the same concept, but replace orange gems for recharging with purple gems, with their relation to teleporting. I dont think this one is that great of an idea, but it could be an interesting way to reward players with Hound farms, but I'd definitely make a purple gem be worth maybe 1/4th of the durability, as opposed to half.

Pepol usually use a green staff to get the cane back.

9 hours ago, A Pufferfish said:

if the other staves had a similar function of just sitting dead at 0%, would they have a secondary passive function too? (Starcaller providing warmth when held for example, idk)

I know the idea originates from a walking cane being in the recipe but im curious

3 hours ago, marshyds said:

if the other staves had a similar function of just sitting dead at 0%, would they have a secondary passive function too? (Starcaller providing warmth when held for example, idk)

I know the idea originates from a walking cane being in the recipe but im curious

I didn't even think of that, could be interesting.

Archived