A quick bit of art (may be added to in the future - we'll see)

I used to have a very minor art thread, but sort of fell out of it last year. 

I received some proper inking brushes as a gift and decided to put them to use.

I apologize if this is the wrong section to be posting in, as I haven't spent time on the forums in quite a while.

(WX's arm ended up a little shorter than I'd wanted, but by the time I noticed it was too late).

20240127_134701.jpg

Edited by Octohunter777
  • Like 5

WX having a panic attack - they don't know what's happening, but they know it's not good. 

2024-02-28 17-18.jpg

I've been looking at a lot of Waokevale's work recently, it gave me the inspiration to try my hand at art again after my time away. 

• Like 3

Thanks! The dynamics between the characters has always been one of my favorite elements of the game, and I wanted to try my hand at it. 

To me, WX always felt like someone who did feel, but was just afraid of feeling due to the vulnerability it comes with. Combining the callous, low-empathy one with the cheerful, high-empathy bundles of joy seemed like it had a lot of potential. 

11 hours ago, WinterWondering said:

These look so good! I love these character dynamics, WX and Webber's dynamic especially is really well shown here. Great job!

Just to be clear, my previous message was in response to this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Octohunter777 said:

Thanks! The dynamics between the characters has always been one of my favorite elements of the game, and I wanted to try my hand at it. 

To me, WX always felt like someone who did feel, but was just afraid of feeling due to the vulnerability it comes with. Combining the callous, low-empathy one with the cheerful, high-empathy bundles of joy seemed like it had a lot of potential. 

Just to be clear, my previous message was in response to this. 

Of course! And that interpretation of WX makes sense. I like how there are so many ways to see these characters and interpret their stories, WX being a good example of this. Their dynamics with the more positive and cheerful characters have always been fun to see explored to me.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, WinterWondering said:

Of course! And that interpretation of WX makes sense. I like how there are so many ways to see these characters and interpret their stories, WX being a good example of this. Their dynamics with the more positive and cheerful characters have always been fun to see explored to me.

WX could serve as a begrudging friend/parental figure for Webber, but that's really up for anyone's interpretation. I do see WX and Wormwood as friends though - they actually have a lot of in common. WX acts cold but has a softer side, while Wormwood acts soft but has his colder moments. Both don't really fit in, and are afraid of some form of natural element (water and fire respectively), and Wormwood's quotes for the W.A.R.B.I.S armor set implies he respects them a lot.  

• Like 2