Add to the world customisation settings...(please)

Okay,

I love Dont Starve Together. However, I started by playing don't starve when it came out. I like to go back to the game to play the DLCs like hamlet. However, after playing DST, I just find it SO annoying to go back to the world customisation options.

My main concern is that we can't turn off permadeath. I built a giant city on hamlet and I was having so much fun customising everything personally until I died in a stupid way and lost EVERYTHING. Why can't we just respawn in a random spot on the map like the DST wilderness mode. Or why not make the touchstones infinite if we turn on a setting. PLEASE. 

People want to say "BUT IT IS A SURVIVAL GAME, YOU MAY RUIN THE HARDNESS OF THE GAME OR SOMETHING... "

But my response to that is simple... TURN OFF THE SETTING! You don't have to play that way if you don't want too. That is the beautiful of world customisation. I mean, this would probably make the game more accessible to a lot more people. Not to mention, people want to say.

And to adress another common argument, yes I was having fun with the game. I enjoyed it very much. In fact, I even enjoyed playing the beginning of the game before I got very far. I gained lots of experience. However, I also had a lot more fun using all of the endgame items I got on the world before I lost EVERY   SINGLE   ONE  OF  THEM.

But to put it simply, I just think that world gen settings need an overhaul. Sorry for the rant, but please consider what I said.

Why didn't your Meat Effigy resurrect you and protect your world? Some kind of glitch, leaving it in a vulnerable location where it brought you right back into harm's way or was destroyed before it could work its magic, or the costly mistake of deciding to build your city before insuring it?

I've been playing Don't Starve on and off since the Wii U, I've put thousands of hours into the game, and know well the bitterness of losing long standing worlds, but I also know the senselessness of asking others to put effort in to solve a problem you have when a solution already exists just because you aren't willing to put in your own effort to use it.