Wx78 skill tree. Game combat and progression discussion.

I think every char skill tree needs to make survival easier theoretically, but it should also be hard to obtain the perks (surviving 150 days is not enough (maybe add harder requirements for certain perks)).

Wx78 is similar to Maxwell in the sense that he can do all. Although he's weaker than Max, I think he still have a place on everyone's gameplay style. And I think there are 2 big gameplay styles that should be adressed in his skill tree. Them being:

1. The relaxed player that prefers to survive indefinitely and sometimes kill bosses. They play with friends most of the time and use various methods of gaining a sustainable food source, a base protection and plenty of small material gatherings.

2. The boss rusher wants to optimize his gameplay around killing bosses. High damage is prefered. As well as speed and map exploration. They want to prepare arenas, move objects, farm quests and kill bosses in a specific order.

Everything else fits into either one of these 2 styles.

For wx78, they're already kinda strong in terms of survival (season circuits, night vision, movespeed) so their skill tree could refine some sharp edges and fix some core issues I experienced while playing them.

One BIG problem for me is how we don't use all circuits. In a real gameplay scenario, you will pause the game and read all circuits, then decide which ones you want to use at all times. After trying most of them you'll stick to 2 or 3 and that's it, the rest are sometimes worth switching in summer/winter. The problem with circuits right now is that they're too costly. I personally put 1 movespeed and 1 night vision for the entirety of my gameplay.

So because of that I have some small suggestions that will help fix some core problems without reworking the character completely.

_ A skill that adds more circuit space. Adding 1 and then 2 slots respectively for a total of 3 more.

Level 1 : Adds 1 slots on your circuit area.

Level 2 : Adds 2 slots on your circuit area.

This will come in handy later. As of currently, the wx78's rework was a simple nerf, and reinvented their gameplay. But certain aspects of their old self got lost, and I think adding more circuit slots will help a bit.

There's also the issue behind stat upgrades. In theory it helps them survive easier by being able to take more hits, eat less food and regen more sanity. But in practice there is no place for them at all and having more health just mean taking longer to die and that doesn't benefit experienced players. 

_ I think a circuit that mix all 3 stats (sanity, health and hunger) and takes only 3 spaces would fix these problems.

STAT CHECKER : You can craft the * circuit (One of each Super circuit combined). 125 hunger, 150 health,  75 sanity and a 20% slower hunger drain.

These circuits could be great for early-game relax periods, and mixing the stats makes for a pretty good alternative when it comes to building, farming and gathering resources rather than having to choose one or another. If you want to optimize for rushes, you can choose movespeed and still have space for a small stat upgrade to help you on your way. We also already have the Beanbooster circuit, I was thinking in something like that. You can still put more stat circuit in case you want only one specifically, but I think adding the option for a regular one would be nice.

Separating the whole skill tree in sides right at the beginning would make for a more creative way to play in this case. So after those first skills, you'll be introduced to the Lunar of Shadow affinities.

Wx78's interaction with electricity is currently a bit underwhelming (the reality is that no one uses it). And I also think that Jimmy (the Scanner) could also get some more interactions throughout the whole gameplay instead of being something you use once and then forget about later.

_  A skill that adds eletric damage to the Electrification Circuit could work very well, but with a catch. Jimmy has to be attached to your circuit slots to help with the "energy lost".

LOCK : Scan a Knight, Bishop and Rook clockwork to unlock (Regular clockworks).

Small Companion : The Bio Scanalyzer can be attached to your circuit slots (he can scan creatures while on top of you so you don't have to drop him everytime) to alter circuits and periodically acquires Bio Charges. He passively adds 2 sanity per second. It costs 4 circuit slots. (When jimmy is attached, he adds 4 possible Bio Charges (1 per slot) and every altered circuit occupies 2 bio charge slots, so he can only alter 2 circuits at the same time)(an alternative to this would be to add a new item that can be attached to you instead of jimmy)

Every time Jimmy attaches to you it transforms 4 regular slots into 4 Bio Charge slots. Only one circuit of the same type can be altered at once. Circuits are altered when equipping it while the Bio Scanalyzer is attached to you, automatically linkind it. 2 Bio Charge slots are used per circuit. When circuits linked to Jimmy use all Bio Charges, wx78 enters an Uncharged state, dealing -10% on-hit damage.

Altered Hardy Circuit : Adds 20 more health.

Altered Super-Hardy Circuit : Adds 50 more health.

Altered Processing Circuit : Adds 30 more sanity.

Altered Super-Processing Circuit : Adds 70 more sanity

Altered Beanbooster Circuit : Negative sanity auras are 50% less effective. Invert sanity auras when in combat with giants specifically, using a Bio Charge once, and another one every 5 minutes.

Altered Chorusbox Circuit : Every 30 seconds a malfunction occurs when in combat (cause you altered the circuit) and enemies within a 1 and a half tiles sleep. Uses one Bio Charge on the first malfunction, and another one after 20 more malfunctions.

Altered Gastrogain Circuit : Adds 20 hunger.

Altered Super-Gastrogain Circuit : Adds 30 hunger and the ability to craft a super robot food (1 salt crystal and 2 gears) for +150 hunger, +100 sanity and +80 health.

Altered Super-Acceleration circuit : Gives you slow immunity (honey, slippery ice, spider web) every time you're slowed, consuming a Bio Charge once, and another every 8 minutes (timer resets every time you step on a web, honey or on ice turf)(release an electric shockwave indicator when activated).

Altered Thermal Circuit : Adds 15% on-hit damage against cold enemies. Automatically consumes 1 Bio Charge, and another every 5 minutes when fighting.

Altered Refrigerant Circuit : Adds 5% on-hit damage against fiery enemies. Every third attack does a freeze attack that adds 2 freezing point to an enemy. Automatically consumes 1 Bio Charge, and another every 5 minutes when fighting.

Altered Electrification Circuit : Adds eletric on-hit damage. Automatically consumes 1 Biocharge, and another every 5 minutes when in combat.

Altered Optoeletronic Circuit : Removes the moggles filter.

Altered Illumination Circuit : Increases the light range by 2 turfs.

LUNAR SIDE :

_THE MOON SERF

The Cryptic Founder will reward your curiosity with the power of the moon.

Fighting Path_

LOCK : Scan a Gestalt to unlock.

Fighter 1 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer adds 3% attack speed per unused Bio Charge (For a total of 12%). Every third consecutive attack without getting hit deals 5 planar damage and slows the enemy for 25% for 1 second (attack speed reduces the attack animation speed, making you land more hits per second)(adds steam coming out of his arms similar to when using W.A.R.B.I.S gear).

LOCK : Scan a saladmander to unlock.

Fighter 2 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer adds 5% on-hit damage per unused Bio Charge. (For a total of 20%)(could also get some steam going)(gestalts spawned from an Enlightened Crown also benefit from this damage up)(if a W.A.R.B.I.S is equipped, halfs the speed in which it takes for it to charge [head and body]).

Gathering Path_

LOCK : Scan a Merm to unlock.

Gather 1 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer adds 15% mining, chopping and hammering efficiency when there are 2 Bio Charges not being used, plus another 15% if 4 Bio Charges are free.

LOCK : Scan a Werepig to unlock.

Gather 2 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer gives 4 sanity per minute when there are atleast 2 Bio Charges not being used.

LOCK : Scan Frostjaw to unlock.

Gather 3 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer adds 80% rain resistance when there are 4 Bio Charges not being used.

That would make you choose between altering circuits or having bonus perks to help you fight enemies.

SHADOW SIDE :

_THE SHADOWS SERF

The Queen will reward your loyalty with the power of the shadows.

Fighting Path_

LOCK : Scan a Shadow Creature to unlock.

Fighter 1 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer invokes a second shadow hit everytime you attack per Bio Charged not being used. This second attack mimics your attacks and does 5% of your total weapon damage. It consumes 1 sanity per cast.

LOCK : Scan a cave reanimated skeleton to unlock.

Fighter 2 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer gives you up to 30% damage increase against Enlightened foes per Bio Charge unused. Shadow equipments decrease you sanity 2 times faster.

LOCK : Scan Nightmare Werepig to unlock.

Gather 1 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer will invoke roses to help you lift heavy objects.

LOCK : Scan a dust moth to unlock.

Gather 2 : An attached Bio Scanalyzer removes your sanity drain at dawn, but double it in the caves. The closer you are to the ruins, the higher your tool efficiency gets (10% in the Caves, 20% at Mud, 30% in Lichen and 40% at the Ruins, Atrium, Villages, Labyrinth etc..)

LOCK : scan one of the Inkblights to unlock.

Night Harvester : The Shadow Reaper has a bigger harvest range and gets to max potential quicker.

I think I did a lot of crazy stuff here but overall these are my ideas. Honestly most of them could work in any char, it's just up to Klei to see if they wanna do it or nah.

I actually hope that WX can modify its own components instead of relying solely on chips, such as modifying hand slots to replace some tools or weapons. Or install a machine gun on Jimmy. WX attacks once, Jimmy follows suit once.

5 hours ago, zhangsheng said:

I actually hope that WX can modify its own components instead of relying solely on chips, such as modifying hand slots to replace some tools or weapons. Or install a machine gun on Jimmy. WX attacks once, Jimmy follows suit once.

Dude, I would absolutely love and freak out if they made a thing like this.

Wx attacks, jimmy follows up with a second attack. Just like Ain from Elsword.

Archived