Volt goat darwinizm

Volt goats are extremely dumb. For my last 2 worlds they have been wiped out by dumb things. First one they spawned near mounds and slowly died out, they weren't even loaded in. Second time i was fighting the shadow pieces and while killing the bishop rook wiped them all out. They are truly the doydoys of DST. ik chasing them is an option but its honestly tiring. Also they keep getting back in groups so i can't split the herd. Any tips?

Edit: for a fun fact search up pyrenean ibex.

34 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Volt goats are extremely dumb. For my last 2 worlds they have been wiped out by dumb things. First one they spawned near mounds and slowly died out, they weren't even loaded in. Second time i was fighting the shadow pieces and while killing the bishop rook wiped them all out. They are truly the doydoys of DST. ik chasing them is an option but its honestly tiring. Also they keep getting back in groups so i can't split the herd. Any tips?

Teleport 1 futher away. Is the faster, safer and easier way to protect them

1 hour ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Teleport one of each group to a safe location.

Mine are in that location. A place I never go.

Captura de tela 2024-01-23 130435.png

7 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Teleport 1 futher away. Is the faster, safer and easier way to protect them

What you could do is teleport 1 to lunar island’s “mini islands”  and remove all of the anenemys.

On 1/23/2024 at 4:30 PM, Hi. said:

they should just make one volt goat herd spawn in the oasis every spring if there are zero volt goats left in the world

you can get more through hunting in oasis during spring after a rain iirc

Just now, grm9 said:

you can get more by hunting in oasis during spring after a rain iirc

Yeah ik but that system should be changed IMO because it’s really annoying to wait for a storm then be in the oasis and to get lucky enough for a hunt to spawn.

7 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Why did you kill all of them, i don't get it.

I have one of each group saved on Lunar Island. Soon they will all be reborn again. I have a source of meat and Volt Goat Horn in my base.

5 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

I have one of each group saved on Lunar Island. Soon they will all be reborn again. I have a source of meat and Volt Goat Horn in my base.

are you gonan teleport one back to base? i don't get why you didn't keep the last one for reproduction aren't they a hassle or costly to transport?

1 hour ago, BalkanCockroach said:

are you gonan teleport one back to base? i don't get why you didn't keep the last one for reproduction aren't they a hassle or costly to transport?

The goat herd, where new goat spawns, doesn't take goats a certain distance away into account when moving itself, and you only need 1 goat from the herd existing for reproduction to go on.

30 minutes ago, _zwb said:

The goat herd, where new goat spawns, doesn't take goats a certain distance away into account when moving itself, and you only need 1 goat from the herd existing for reproduction to go on.

I see @Cruvimaster has a pen for the goats, how do they know where they will spawn?

7 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

how do they know where they will spawn?

if goats have normal behaviour (as in not perpetually running in a specific direction) that means they are at their herd location, which is where new goats will respawn. As others have mentioned, in order to keep that herd location alive you just need 1 goat from that herd somewhere in the world even if it is nowhere near the actual spot where they respawn.

Archived