When I try to launch the game on steam, it tells me it's running, but no window opens that allows me to play the game, even though taskmanager says it's running. I've tried all the usual fixes, verifying file integrity, reinstalling the game, reinstalling steam, but none of these have worked. Has anybody had this problem before and has an idea on how to fix it? I have no idea what caused this, I've played the game for countless hours, but suddenly it just stopped launching.

I have this problem but it happens with my other games too. It will happen without me launching DST and the only way I know to get around this issue is to reboot the computer (which doesn't even fully shutdown on its own).

1 hour ago, Helenar said:

When I try to launch the game on steam, it tells me it's running, but no window opens that allows me to play the game, even though taskmanager says it's running. I've tried all the usual fixes, verifying file integrity, reinstalling the game, reinstalling steam, but none of these have worked. Has anybody had this problem before and has an idea on how to fix it? I have no idea what caused this, I've played the game for countless hours, but suddenly it just stopped launching.

try to delete all txt files in documents -> klei -> donotstarvetogether, but not in the folders inside there

31 minutes ago, Helenar said:

@grm9Holy crap, that worked! How did uninstalling the game not work but that did? Thanks a lot! 

np, reinstalling probably didn't work because it doesn't delete the files in that folder, only in the folder that the game was installed in

Archived