Dung Maid Beetles, trash can and base cleaner

These insects will be useful for cleaning bases or other utilities.

Obtaining

A new mob, dung maid beetles are mobs found in the caves. (I can't think of a good pun name but it is a good juxtaposition).

It is uncommon in certain cave biomes like the biome you first spawn in when entering the caves. They can be found in mini setpieces where they spawn from their dens. You can catch them with traps to move them.

Function

The player can create pretty dens for them to live in, which will have storage slots. When dropping them on the ground, they link to the nearest den. They will pick up any junk items from the floor such as resources, food and poop, and desposit it in their dens.

They can jump over objects to avoid collision using their elytras, and also function as a living bin. You can feed them anything at all (anything a lure plant is able to eat). Feeding them craftable items will have them poop out some of the resources required to make the item.

They act like puppys, and can be pet and play with the player or toys.

57 minutes ago, somethin said:

This is literally a suggestion.

I doubt klei would think of adding it, it is just an idea i had and wanted to share, not something i am asking klei to potentially add to the game (which is what a suggestion is).

Archived