Axe Animations

Hello, does anyone know how to get the axe animation (or any other tool) in Spriter? And I mean the AXE itself, NOT the player. Also chopping animation, not simply lying on the ground.

I found the needed textures in swap_axe.zip, but there's no anim.bin, I tried it with anim.bin from player_actions_axe.zip and it looks like there's only player animation.

Also from what I can tell axe.zip is simply axe idling.

The question is what anim.bin is attached to swap_axe.zip? I tried all sorts of variants (combining axe build with player build), but for the life of me can't get the axe animation in Spriter.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You know when a character chops a tree (it's more obvious sideways) and the axe goes through several frames of animation? I need that axe animation in Spriter. However I'm starting to think it doesn't exist as an animation, but rather done with code (more like copies frames of an arm).

Edited by DrGrimCookie

player_action_axe is not what you want?

OK I know. you need to rename swap_axe to swap_object to see it. But it is rather complicated.

download player_anim.json in player_data.7z here.

download axe and wilson here.

anim.zip

You can view the animation in your browser, just open the anim.json and two build.json

image.png.cca9fa5c7ba3c67a3f47fcba678c40d8.png

To compile, run

python dstmodutils/pyscripts/cli.py build.json -crop
python dstmodutils/pyscripts/cli.py build.json ./

The first line is to ensure the height and width of image match the json record.

Edited by Rickzzs
  • Thanks 1